What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I don't know if anyone's seen, but it looks like some concept art has been released! Looks like https://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkCollective have posted some up on their website! It's looking quite interesting, there appears to be one or two steel coasters (one appearing to be of hyper size) and also possibly a wooden coaster! Obviously it's only concept art for a park that is in the far future, but it's nice to see these are the sorts of attractions they're looking at! I personally wasn't expecting anything on this scale with regards to coasters.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That's because it's going to be, primarily a shopping centre/event space/hotel complex. I keep telling people it isn't going to be a theme park! I reckon we might get a couple of rides and a water park if we're lucky.

Going to another open evening tonight. Will see what I can turn up.

Nic

Strata Poster
I don't understand how they think a shopping/restaurant/cinema type complex will be a good idea when it's just over the road from Bluewater. Even they have their events space now, so it would seem that it's only the hotels and rides making it a worthwhile enterprise. Why not just concentrate on that and leave the shopping etc to the big boys?

Darren B

Giga Poster
I'm seeing a large woodie and a Vekoma contraption that'll probably launch from a building. But, it's only concept art so I'm not holding my breath.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm thinking this will be more Epcotty than most of us want. An up market shopping centre and eatery, as Sue said.

I think we will get a coaster, but I'm expecting something like Rip Ride Rockit, ya know?

This concept art isn't making me very excited I gotta admit. It stylistically is grand with Britishness thrown at it for the sake of it?

I'm imagining a large city walk style area, bigger than the park itself. A waterpark, cinema, bowling, etc. Then a small "theme park" with some high quality attractions in the style of Universal. But not enough for a "full day out".

Concept art doesn't mean anything at this stage, though. It's really just for communicating to people involved with the project who don't understand the business.

Sue - perhaps directly ask what stage they're at? Do these concepts represent accurately their current plans, etc. And maybe get a straight answer whether this will be more theme park or more generic entertainments.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's going to be more Universal in terms of experiences and shows as opposed to thrill rides, we've always known that.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
So they seem to have developed a little bit more of a solid plan now.
The opening date has pushed back once again, it's now Easter 2020

The resort area is going to cover around 45 hectares and be the largest zone of the complex.
We have suggested themed areas of:
- Adventure Isle
- Land of Legends
- Cartoon Circus
- Starfleet Command
- Action Square
- Port Paramount
- Entertainment city
None of these have yet been represented on a map. The resort area will include the rides as well as a cinema and comedy venue, a 2,000 seat theatre, restaurants, shops and an exhibition area showing the 'best of British inventions and brands' (EURGH!)

This isn't including the water park which will be a separate area housing the 'largest indoor waterpark in Europe)'

Paramount_zps3a4720a3.png

An interesting part of the exhibition compared the new resort to old Victorian Pleasure Gardens. 'Contemporary art and design, high quality music and al fresco dining'. They want to recreate this idea with a modern feel.

There's now transport link suggestions for road, rail and boat (or lack of if you ask me as a local - thousands of extra cars an hour straight onto the A2 at peak times </localgripping>) .

Here's a link to a full copy of their second set of exhibition displays:
http://www.londonparamount.info/media/1 ... ll-set.pdf

spicy

Giga Poster
So is this confirming that the Paramount 'entertainment resort' area is in fact a Theme Park?

Certainly sounds like one with all the different themed areas they have planned. Its kind of like a Paramount theme park with a shopping centre, waterpark and hotels on the side?

Either way this project looks like its gathering more and more momentum and I can't see why it won't go ahead.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Once word: cost.
But still, it's looking more and more promising and I have to say, more of a 'theme park' than I was originally expecting.
I'll still think, as Lofty said, it'll focus on film tie-in rides/experiences rather than big coaster thrills.

Did I mention it's in walking distance of my house though? </smug>

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I don't want to get too hopeful about this but I just feel that if it goes ahead as planned it could be something really amazing. Perhaps im just optimistic becuase its so local.

Sue how do you find out about these exhibitions? Do they drop leaflets through doors or something? I'd love to go to one as its about 20 minutes from me but have a feeling they are only open to people who live right on the doorstep of the project.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yeah anyone can go along. They do advertise it in the post for locals though. I'll try and post in here when I hear about the next one. Yeah it's on the website too.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Not sure if Dr Who is a good idea tbh, I think they should focus on Hollywood IPs so the park has more international appeal.

Ben

CF Legend
^Doctor Who is really popular in quite a lot of countries, and is essentially very British, so I think it'll do alright.

peep

CF Legend
Dr Who is one of Britain's biggest IP exports so it's a pretty big deal. The idea of BBC stuff inside a Paramount park seems weird but it'd be so popular.