What's new

KD Update

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I could easily march back there and shoot a few pics... wuss :p

Hope to see everyone opening weekend! Let me know and i'll try to get off early!

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Hey guys! I should be getting some pics (and a POV, but no promises!) of the "new" Intimidator 305 this coming weekend. I was exhausted after work on Saturday, so I didn't have time to get a few.(Prom went until 4:30 AM on Friday. Ouch) Also, I have heard nothing but praise for the expanded turn. This is from both enthusiasts and the GP. The decreased speed after the trims turn out to affect the ride very lightly, it seems it was only for testing purposes. Either way, you should come down sometime this summer and experience it for yourself before they change it again! :p

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Just spent the day at KD, and I have to say, I305 is just about perfect now that they've re-done the first curve. Trims on the first drop are completely gone, and the new curve, while still very intense, is a little more manageable and won't cause you to gray/black out all the time. And because the trims are out, it's back to the killer speed and airtime on the second hill and throughout the rest of the layout that it had when it first opened last year. You can feel the trim on the last airtime hill a little bit, but it still delivers some pleasant floater and the ride still ends on a high note with good speed.

Overall it is an absolutely fantastic ride. From my perspective, it's got everything you look for in a coaster: great first drop, incredibly intense positive G's, strong airtime, quick direction changes.. and what's more is that it's totally unrelenting: no MCBR means you're flying through the layout from start to finish. Those of you who went on the Live last summer unfortunately rode it in its worst, most disappointing version - killed by trims. I'd say that now it's certainly worth making a return trip to KD to give I305 another shot.

Snoo

The Legend
Shame.. I'd like to ride it in top form. Trip back to Virginia anyone? :D

PS: Miss you buddy. Hope to see ya sometime soon.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Yeah I do apologize for my total lack of presence on these boards nowadays. School, work and everything else have got me bogged down so I've become more of a lurker than a poster. But this school year's almost over so I'll be finding myself with a little more free time soon :)

But hey if you make it back down to Virginia this summer, you let me know!