What's new

Kanonen fails!!

A

Anonymous

Breaking news, this happened just moments ago...

Kanonen have just done a fail that is the same as what TTD have done a few times now...

They have stalled it on the top hat :)

99090.jpg

Apparently the 14 riders that is on it, are all OK and they are at the moment discussing what the best way to rescue them would be, push the train forward or backward or rescue the passengers from the train on top of the Top Hat...

Wonder if this will persuade them to increase the launch speed, FINALLY!!!!

Full article from GP (Gothenburg Post) can be found at: Clicky!! [Swedish]

UPDATE!!!
They have pushed the train back to the station about an hour after it happened...

Dave

CF Legend
Probably best to push it backwards then it'll fall back onto the launch and slow down. Otherwise if it goes forward it might valley.

A

Anonymous

I agree with you on that one, since removing people from the train might cause other issues, that might be very dangerous unless they take the necessary precautions first...

Another article with a great overview image, this time from Aftonbladet: Clicky!! [Swedish]
And another article, in Expressen: Clicky!! [Swedish]

Aftonbladet also fails, they call Kanonen a Carousel :--D

A

Anonymous

^ Well according to the Liseberg CEO, it might have a puncture on one of it's wheel :)

But most likely it's nothing wrong, it's just stalled and nothing else. But I really like the articles that states that no one have any idea what have happened...

Snoo

The Legend
It just stalled.. she'll be ok. :)

Push her forward and let her finish up. It was designed to finish the course even at the slowest speed.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
If there was no major structural damage to the train, then unloading at the top would be the dumbest idea ever.

See also: Efteling Lifthill Evacuation Gone Wrong

A-Kid

Giga Poster
It shouldn't valley if it was designed right. It should be able to make it back with the energy from the tophat alone.

I wish I was them :(

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Lucky bastards. I'd love to be stuck on top of a top hat :D

As loefet says, maybe they'll put some trims on the tophat and increase the launch speed like Intamin did when they designed Kingda Ka to prevent a "short shot", as Intamin like to call a rollback.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
loefet said:
^ Well according to the Liseberg CEO, it might have a puncture on one of it's wheel :)

Thats just a blow-out, happens all the time. It's perfectly safe for a train to complete the circuit if a wheel has blown. :)

A

Anonymous

^ It's just wrong to say that the wheels have a puncture :)

It's also fun to see the reaction of the GP, that now seems that everything malfunctions at Liseberg and dare not go there again :) , just stupid really...

They have gone through the train and haven't found anything wrong with it, so it's just a "standard" top hat stall...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
When the conditions are just right, it will happen.

Nothing physically wrong with the coaster, just not enough speed to get it totally over the top hat, resulting in the stall.

Cedar Point added to their blog with the last TTD stall. Those Lake Erie winds just won't cooperate sometimes.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/bl ... e2251f419b

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It even hit the evening TV news here. Interviews with a boy who was on the stalled train and everything. And this made me laugh (translated):

NRK said:
Liseberg officials don't know for sure what caused the rollercoaster to stop at the top of the course, but suspect that it may have been because the train didn't have sufficent speed to go over the top
Wow, how clever of them.