What's new

Josh73's RCT3 B&M Competition!Congratulations to CP10!

Who should win?

• reddude333

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Colossus Power of 10

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mouse

Giga Poster
Re: Josh73's RCT3 B&M Competition! CLOSED!

Can I just ask, why wouldn't the drop on CP10s wingrider happen in real life?

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: Josh73's RCT3 B&M Competition! CLOSED!

^^One week.
mouse said:
Can I just ask, why wouldn't the drop on CP10s wingrider happen in real life?
It could. I just don't think a park would. I mean if you are spending over 20 million dollars, wouldn't you want an incrediblely thrilling first drop, and not a slow, twisting one?
(I didn't take points off for that, CP10)

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: Josh73's RCT3 B&M Competition! Voting ends tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow is the last day for voting, and I will start a second competion as soon as I think of an idea, so stay tuned and PM me if you have any questions regarding voting, the next competition, if you have suggestions (ideas) for the next competition, or you can just post them here.

There ya go.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Can you make the time to build your coaster a bit longer (eg.a month or so)?

I would really like to enter but don't have much time! :(

As for which coaster I prefer, I'll give my honest opinion....

The theming on both coasters is great, perhaps reddude333's is slightly better though...so I can't really judge on that. However in terms of the coasters, I think they were both really good in terms of elements and intensity :--D , however I think CP10's just wins because it's more realistic and I think it's a coaster that B&M are more likely to build as it is compact and has a similar layout as other wingrider designs. I don't think there's anything wrong with reddude333's coaster but I persoanally think that, although it had a great start, the helix's at the end drained too much momentum and it was less "Short and sweet".
A great effort by both though :--D :--D :p and to be honest, there wasn't much in it...

Just my opinion and I'm not necessarily right...

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thanks for being the first and only reviewer so far. About the time limit, I asked a couple of pages back and you didn't answer. Please PM me if you have any suggetions or concerns about dates, or just post them here.

reddude333

Giga Poster

If we are going for what is more realistic I might say that Colossus had a few too many lateral supports for a B&M coaster but that is getting quite nit-picky. Not to be a bad sport or anything but I really do feel like the fact that he used a CTR and copious CS made a big difference (regardless of what is was supposed to do) in the voting bit and that is a somewhat frustrating considering I used hardly any CS and still think I put out a quality coaster.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^I personally don't care about CS...if you are a true rct3 legend then you don't need CS... And yes, you did put out a great coaster, just CP10's was slightly better in some aspects, like the layout of the ride. As for realism, they were both realistic, but CP10 had a more "dynamic" layout, which I thought yours lacked slightly in the end.

However, I do not discriminate against coasters without CS or CTR's and I thought yours was great, especially your use of terrain.

^^Sorry I didn't say earlier! By the time I viewed that discussion, it had already moved on and I though it was a little rude to suddenly change it, I thought the opportunity would arise later, which it did.

I hope I wasn't too harsh :--D

Josh73

Giga Poster

Next time, I will do a system where 3 votes for a particular date will be the due date. Democracy is the answer to everything!! :lol: Sorry, next time, I will wait longer before finalizing the due date. My apologies.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Of course no offense meant to Colossus (since his RCT3 skills are great) but I felt that the layout was interesting only because of his wingrider CTR otherwise it would have seemed a bit weak for a sit-down or whatnot. That being said, he did well with the CTR he used and that is quite commendable.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^He would have adapted his design for a sit-down...

^^Don't worry, I'm sure the next one will be great! I should hopefully enter next time, after I've finished some of my current rct3 projects...please can you make the next entry deadline sometimes in the hols or something? Thanks.

Have you got any ideas to what the next competition will be? What about a terrain challenge?

PS. I don't have a youtube account yet but should get one sometime soon!

Josh73

Giga Poster

I think the CTR may have affected the voting, and my judging skills. Thanks for pointing that out, reddude. I will put that into consideration in my future competitions if anybody uses CTRs.

TBH, I don't think CP10 should have beat you that bad. I think it should have been way more equal.

Thanks for entering everybody, I hope you will next time, as an idea just came to me. I will have that new competition topic up in two days or so. If you don't see any topic in 4 days max, PM me as I have probably forgot. Thanks!

Coastercrazy:What is hols??? and... I have already put that through my mind and it will be a terrain coaster competition. Don't start now as you don't know all the details! Thanks for revealing the secret, Castercrazy! :evil: Just kidding, it's no biggie.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^^ No doubt......which brings me back to my first point about how using a CTR greatly aided in the lopsided voting results.

EDIT: hols = holidays? maybe?

Josh73

Giga Poster

Unfortunately, Snoo stole my competition idea(terrain woodie), so more thinking to do...

Josh73

Giga Poster

Since when what? I have had that idea for a while, and I was just considering it, but it is gone now.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Just because a similar idea is being used for a NL contest doesn't mean you can't do one for RCT3 as well. They would elicit much different results no doubt.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I meant holidays, as reddude333 found out, sorry! As in the entry time is part of the entry time.

^Agreed. Actually, making rct3 terrain coasters is probably slightly more difficult than nolimits(???) because of all the cutting into the terrain and then it disappears...so I'd go ahead with the terrain contest, nobody will notice! We all know who's good at terrain coasters though.... :--D (^)

It doesn't neccesarily need to be a woodie, reddude333 showed that you don't need wood to make a terrain coaster in his competition entry...

Josh 73: I can read your mind :twisted: (LOL)

Congrats to CP10 for winning :--D

reddude333

Giga Poster

Well, pretty much anything is easier in RCT3 but I know what you mean. But I have a secret :twisted:

But I do like the idea of a terrain woodie because...I don't know, it's just something much different.