What's new

John Wardley back on the season pass podcast :)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
It might be ERT #4? 07/04/2010 I have it down as. I know that's the Dickens' World one. I think it's the same episode?

neo

Mega Poster
^That’s right, here’s the link:

http://seasonpasspodcast.libsyn.com/ind ... _id=602168

It would be interesting to get Candy Holland (Creative Director for Merlin Entertainments) on the Podcast to talk about some of the creative decisions behind Saw and Thirteen. John’s obviously a bit detached from that department these days and it could offer a new appreciation for these attractions.

A

Anonymous

The Tussaudes maze was "fun" to walk through - and it's a good beginner's maze!

We're going to work on Candy to come on the show.

To reply to Bezzer's comments - the reason perhaps the review of British news and smaller parks is a bit sparce is purely because I have no time/funds to get to these places. Also, the lack of industry news is because we're not a news show - we're a show that goes behind the scenes into the amusement industry. News can be found anywhere - but where can you find 3 seperate interviews with John Wardley or Tim Delaney or Disney Composer Alan Menken talking about theme parks? :) Only when there's a huge news story (ie Fantasyland Expansion or something) do we muse on it for a bit.

Also, it's not my show - so I can't bring everything I'd like to the table, as we have episodes scheduled for weeks in advance - which is why we don't really do it as a news show, because between the time we record and release the episodes, it might be that a few weeks has thus passed.

I am glad I inspired you to check out Dickens' world - it really is worth a visit to support it.

Thanks for sharing your views on the seasonpass!

Ollie

CF Legend
For some reason the podcasts aren't working properly on iTunes. All my other ones download fine but I'm clicking on it to download and nothing is happing. :?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
nickhutson said:
To reply to Bezzer's comments - the reason perhaps the review of British news and smaller parks is a bit sparce is purely because I have no time/funds to get to these places. Also, the lack of industry news is because we're not a news show - we're a show that goes behind the scenes into the amusement industry. News can be found anywhere - but where can you find 3 seperate interviews with John Wardley or Tim Delaney or Disney Composer Alan Menken talking about theme parks? :) Only when there's a huge news story (ie Fantasyland Expansion or something) do we muse on it for a bit.

Also, it's not my show - so I can't bring everything I'd like to the table, as we have episodes scheduled for weeks in advance - which is why we don't really do it as a news show, because between the time we record and release the episodes, it might be that a few weeks has thus passed.

I am glad I inspired you to check out Dickens' world - it really is worth a visit to support it.

Thanks for sharing your views on the seasonpass!

Great response! Thank's very much Nick and I really appreciate you reading and commenting on my views. I have to admit, when I started listening to the podcast I had no idea how many amazing guest stars were going to be on the podcast in recent time. I think it's incredible how you get hold of these people!

Thanks again and I look forward to the next episode of John-ness! I just hope he's going to be able to find something different to talk about at the Th13teen evening since he seems to be talking about everything now!

Ollie

CF Legend
Hurray. Both my questions were read out and answered by John Wardley. :)
Really enjoyed that as it's really interesting to listen to hearing where all the ideas came from.