What's new

Jardin d'Acclimatations PTR

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
After the thundering success of my Disney report, I thought it was about time to get another one out of the way, so here’s Jardin d’Acclimatation.

Jardin d’Acclimatation means something in French. Garden of something. See, all that time wasn’t wasted getting that French A-level!

For some reason, “acclimatation” wasn’t a word I remember from those classes over 10 years ago, but I’ve just checked, and it means “Acclimatization.” Now that that’s cleared up, giving us all an exact picture of what the park must be like, onto the report….

This family park is very close to Les Sablons (The something) metro station, which is nice and convenient. It’s a very small part of Bois de Boulogne, a huge park, which, I found out from friends later, is locally famous for night-time recreation which is slightly less family-friendly.

DSC09869.jpg

I can’t remember exactly now, but I think it was about 3 euros to get in (maybe a bit less?), with rides paid for separately. You can buy all-inclusive passes and discounted books of tokens, but I didn’t bother with those.

I went right ahead and took pictures of other people’s kids enjoying themselves.

DSC09873.jpg

DSC09926.jpg

Luckily, the French seem less paedanoid than the Brits, and I was left to snap away, before taking in my first coaster.

DSC09885.jpg

Pappillons d’Alice was exactly how it looks: basically a kiddy spinner, with very little spinning.

DSC09879.jpg

I can’t think of much else to say about it really. Oh, “papillons” are “butterflies” in real language. Apparently these butterflies haven’t acclimatised very well to this garden, as they look a bit cross.

DSC09931.jpg

I didn’t ride this, but it looked pretty cool actually. There’s a similar ride at Port Aventura, but this version seemed to be faster with some more pronounced bucking.

DSC09876.jpg

One of the biggest rides in the park:
DSC09886.jpg

along with the closest thing resembling a thrill ride:

DSC09902.jpg

That’s not a criticism, by the way. This park is obviously meant for families with young kids, and really is excellent for them. I was only here for about an hour, but a family could easily spend a whole afternoon here.

The second coaster was Tacot Express.

DSC09896.jpg

DSC09897.jpg

This was actually pretty decent for a small, powered coaster. I only had the one go, since I was paying for each ride, but you get two circuits.

RCDB says that “tacot” means “old timer,” but another translation is “jalopy,” which makes more sense, considering the train’s theming.

DSC09891.jpg

The thrill section of the ride:

DSC09895.jpg

The weather was a bit crap, and the park was quiet, but I’m sure in the summer the blood pool/fountains are fully working.

DSC09888.jpg

I think this was basically a glorified pigeon coop, but still looked nice though.

DSC09928.jpg

The back end of the park had a farm area, which was actually quite big. I only took a couple of pictures though. C’est une chèvre.

DSC09904.jpg

There was also this rather aloof duck,

DSC09905.jpg

who for some reason was dressed as Louis XVI .
DSC09910.jpg

Pony rides, sponsored by PETA.

DSC09922.jpg

There was a Korean themed garden area, which brought on a few nightmarish flashbacks/happy memories.

DSC09923.jpg

The final coaster, another powered effort, was around this area.

DSC09920.jpg

Dragon really did look lovely in its setting, but that’s about it really.

DSC09919.jpg

It looked nice enough as it was, but must be so much better in summer when (if) they fill these pools up.

DSC09914.jpg

DSC09916.jpg

I didn’t try the thrilling water ride, but here are some pictures anyway.

DSC09935.jpg

DSC09936.jpg

Unfortunately, my batteries ran out just as I was about to take some photos of the 100 foot drop just around that bend. Maybe next time.

So, all in all, a great little park for families with litluns, and a nice, easy-to-get-to place for credit whores.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
It hasn't changed since I went 2 years ago ... mind I think we did it in less than an hour ... In, 3 creds and out again, job done :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
LOL Cool TR but the park itself looks a bit of a dump. I love the coaster that has a helix that wraps around the fountain (although the fountain was turned off).

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice report Gavin, thats a pretty cool park. We visited the park a few years back and spent the afternoon relaxing as it was very quiet too. Nice to see you enjoyed Tacot Express as I really liked it too especially the drop.

I got a good laugh from this report with your humour, as I never know if you are being serious on not.