What's new

JammyBand Creations

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Hello all, and welcome to my creation thread! As with many other peoples threads, my new RCT3 coasters and creations with be posted here. :) Despite being on this forum for a while now, I have not taken part in much. I would now like to share my work to all of you guys! Please post your feedback including any of your tips or improvements! This will probably not be updated for quite long periods of time, but I will try to keep making new content. Hope you enjoy!

To start off, I would like to post a picture of my latest coaster. :--D
Shot0017_zps65ee7ec1.png

I have taken a long time on this coaster, and I am just touching it up to look amazing. What do you guys think so far :?:

-JammyBand

reddude333

Giga Poster
Looks good so far and the path interaction is nice (I like the path covers you used). The train colour is interesting and I can't quite tell what I think of it yet. It matches the ground colour well but I'm just not sure how well it goes with the crimson track. I'll have to see more :)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
From what I can see it does look amazing! Nice usage of landscaping and custom scenery...keep going! I'm excited to see more from you.

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Here it is, Vertigo.
Shot0022_zps948415d2.png

I don't really have much to say about it, hopefully the pictures will be enough! Basically, Its a B & M sit down coaster, with just a generic theme. I wanted to start my creations with something I could do right, without too intense themeing or crazy layouts I wouldn't be able to perfect. Please post your feedback and suggestions etc. Enjoy!
Shot0018_zps07d0366b.png

Shot0024_zps6f9c88c0.png

Shot0021_zpsc93b79b5.png

Shot0019_zps733819d6.png

Shot0020_zpsec7db413.png

Shot0023_zpsd3b8f952.png

I will be making a video of this soon, hopefully with my first attempt using the flying camera!

-JammyBand

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks nice! Love the use of the terrain and the scenery, and I do think that the color scheme was a good choice! Although it kind of bugs me that you used a sit down coaster with no inversions. It might be better off using the hyper coaster trains. Other than that it looks great!

reddude333

Giga Poster
The rocky area looks fab and the color scheme change is good. That MCBR is quite interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how it rides. One critique, I spy a long straight section preceding the final helix; you might want to do something about that but perhaps it will work out alright. Oh, and I agree that the hyper trains would work better considering the lack of inversions (plus they just look nicer in my opinion).

Good luck with using the flying camera editor! Just a couple things to keep in mind going into the process: 1. Pay attention to camera speed between sections (and try to keep it as constant and fluid as possible), 2. Short shots with minimal movement offer a nice replacement for still shots, 3. Avoid crazy twisting camera shots that are disorienting and distracting

Also you might want to add in a bit more foliage before you record...depends on the look you're going for.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Looks great! Most of the supports are realistic, the layout seems action - packed and the theming, whilst it is slightly inconsistent, does well to embellish the ride. A few suggestions:

-For your next hyper, make the hills more rounded at the top
-A little bit more foliage?
-Expand the station slightly

Otherwise it's brilliant! Keep up the good work!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I love your path texture choice ! Your rockwork is not bad either. The supports are ok but need more precision at some points.

I recommend using CoasterJoe's B&M Spine Connectors and Weber's Aged Footers for more detail. Also, try using Steel Jungle v1 for less thick tubes.

Here are some pictures of well-known projects on SGW for inspiration :

Shot0128_zpsd428f721.jpg

Mainstream : The Ride - Silvarret

Shot0058-1_zps07602438.png

Conquistador - Brawly

Keep it up ! I'll be watching your project ;)

JammyBand

Roller Poster
As I'm just an intermediate RCT3 player among all you advanced people, I wanted to know how you guys go about making/posting your videos. Do you use fraps or the built in video filmer? Also, do you compress your videos? If so, what program? Or do you just wait the whole 2 hours to upload it straight to youtube? . Wanting to learn from the professionals, that's all! Thanks guys.

-JammyBand

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Good question...I've been trying to optimise quality and other aspects of my videos since I started youtube, and this is what I've discovered for rct3:

I'm hardly a 'professional', but here goes....

I don't yet see any problems with using the flying camera on the game, since despite it's lethargic speed, it works fine (for me at least) and the quality doesn't seem to suffer. Remember to turn ON 'bloom' in the graphic options and bump the quality up on the camera.

In decent software, you'll be able to crop your clips so they fit full screen and I've been meddling with the export quality since the dawn of time. If you have a 'detect quality' button, that can be extremely helpful, if not, optimise the export quality to HD 1080 and see what happens.

As for conversion, wmv or windows media player files upload the best, so you may need to convert your video multiple times.

And music...if you're careful, it can really enhance your videos (I put music to almost every single one of my videos), but never upload recent music by EMI, which includes NOW CDs unfortunately, otherwise your video will be blocked everywhere but Vatican City...most other labels are fine, but 99% of videos are blocked in Germany and mobile devices may suffer.

It's a very time-consuming process, but it's worth it in the end...

Good luck on the rest of your projects :--D

scw55

Hyper Poster
I don't record videos as my cpu can't cope.
With in-game, it records perfectly, but takes hours to record anything. Which means anything I do record are just PoVs.

I tried using XFire, but XFire itself consumes some ram. Also, the quality isn't amazing. The file sizes are HUGE (I guess they need compressing). But since files are like 2gig each, I can only record a few in 1 session.

Perhaps when my computer can be replaced, I will explore video. I think a lot of my work would look great in video.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I 100% recommend the in-game flying camera recording system. It does take some time to get a handle on but once you do it has infinitely more potential than any other recording method. Also, the quality is superior to other screen recorders as far as I know. My personal preference is to leave bloom off as I like the more natural look of the game but I agree the bloom effect can be used to create a nice "bright" feel in your video.

As for the program I use to edit my video, I used to use Windows Movie Maker, then had a lot of issues with it handling the .avi files that RCT3 spits out, so then I moved to using various trials of the Sony Vegas series. I have really enjoyed it a lot and eventually I just decided to take the hit and get the full version. It is actually a very reasonably priced program (I would even say cheap) at only $50 for the version I got. It allows for great video (and audio) effects, multiple layers of video, text and audio, and you can export as virtually any filetype in any quality. The render times are not too bad (only 30 mins to a couple hours for longer videos) and the program has a really clean interface. I definitely recommend investing in something better than WMM or iMovie.

I don't compress anything and I just upload my videos to YouTube. Sure it takes a while but what does that matter, it's not like you need to do anything while it's uploading.

I agree with coastercrazy about being careful with your music choices. It's a shame to have a video taken down or muted for something so avoidable.

That's my two cents :)

Colossus

Giga Poster
For me personally the recording aspect is easy.

I had a weird stroke of luck actually, if you check my topic you'll see I just uploaded 2 coasters at the same time, now although I presented them together they were recorded about a week apart.
Now, since I have had my new PC I have completed about 5 or so coasters and recording for some reason has been really really slow, to the point where the POV for Rush took about 2 hours.
Now after I did that I had a break before I recorded the other one and I got Train Simulator 2013 (because I'm cool like that) one of the graphically most demanding games, whilst installing the game, it did some sort of optimization to my graphics card, the game runs beautifully and stupidly quickly.
So going back to RCT 3 I recorded the POV for Razor in literally 15 minutes, infact I shot the whole video in one session, something I have never been able to do.

Moral of the story is, get yourself Train Simulator :)

No but seriously though, I too swear by the in-game recording method as opposed to fraps, yes it takes for ever but there's things you can do, for example whilst recording the POV, just set it up and leave it to do it's own thing whilst doing your normal routine.
I set it up then take the dog out for a walk or something or have dinner, it will be done before you know it. Same with the uploading to YouTube, just pop the Xbox on for a bit or something, key is it will take half the time if you just set it up and forget about it for a while.

As far as putting the clips together for the video, for me personally this is the quickest process, I have all clips I want to use in it's own folder so I don't have to find them in the RCT 3 folder and I normally know what music I want to use, which makes putting the video together easy as I put it together to match the music if you know what I mean?

In a nutshell

I recommend using the in game recording and just engage yourself with something else whilst doing it

Build your video around your music (carefully chosen of course) and upload straight to YouTube.

JammyBand

Roller Poster
OK thanks everyone! I have already recorded my clips for this project (Vertigo) and because I have reset/reinstalled vista on my laptop I don't have the files to go back and record it using the in game recorder. So, for now I will try to find a decent editing software, and upload straight to youtube. Next time I will use the in-game video recorder! Really appreciate the advice. :--D

-JammyBand

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Just an update to say that the POV for Vertigo has been uploaded! I included the flying camera. The partially underground rock section has turned out really well and looks great.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7ouQ1gANM[/youtube]

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Nice one!

This is probably your best ride yet, and it's very well paced and moderately realistic for a B&M hyper...and I love the rock section. Just a few things to improve if any; I'm not so sure about the post-brake run hill and try and round the hills more, to give your peeps longer airtime and make your ride look better.

Can't wait to see more from you!