What's new

Is your mail service unreliable.

A

Anonymous

As the question asks is the mail service where you are unreliable or just hit and miss. Thanks to the gov and there plans to part privatise and halt the investment into the Royal Mail parts of the country are suffering with 1 delivery per week or no parcels delivered any day except Wednesdays.

Dose the mail service damage parcels or loose things on a regular basis? Have you lost out on a possible job due to the lack of postal service.

So far I have missed 4 chances to get a job thanks to the post being on strike or delivering to the wrong house.

(1 was for rock fm and the others for the NHS south ribble pct)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope, no complaints about the Royal Mail in my area.

Although they once did lose a parcel but foudn it a week later and delivered it to my work.

The only complaint I have is inconsistant delivery times. Sometimes it's around 9am, others it's late-afternoon.

Meh, when you can send a letter anywhere in the country for less than 50p, it's pretty amazing.

And it's quicker than hand-delivering (as Top Gear's mega-scientific test proved)

Emmett

Giga Poster
Our mail service here is pretty good and a hell of alot better than the past few years when if one mailman went off sick you would not receive any post for a few days. Now is alot better and more streamlined.

I still get most of my mail delivered to my workplace because its quicker except all bank stuff which needs a home address.

Also 58c to post a letter anywhere in the country is good value too.

peep

CF Legend
It's usually ok but we notice that a lot of important mail has been opened and they have 'lost' several pieces of mail with large amounts of shopping vouchers.

We also get the random delivery times too, usually about 11:30 but last couple of weeks it has been getting later and later.

tks

Strata Poster
Royal Mail failed to deliver me TWO bank cards... Yet my bills ALWAYS get through... ****ing post.

marc

CF Legend
^^did you ever get the Britney cd lol.

Mine is ok but I get pissed off when people send stuff recorded delivery, I work so I then have to arrange stuff to be delivered on a different date and I always wonder what it is.

A

Anonymous

I hope they havent "lost" this package from canada as its what bru sent me b4 he left to visit his family.

It is a box of male fragrence and grooming.

Hopefully by monday it will turn up if not then its classed as damaged lost and or stolen.

Lain

Giga Poster
Nope, I've never had any issues.

Unless it was a magazine subscription, then I got lots of issues...

Mike

Giga Poster
Just the inconsistent delievery time problem normally.
We occasionally don't receive any post for a week or so, but all the important stuff turns up eventually.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I have no idea what this topic is about because the initial post is unreadable to a degree that even Steven would struggle to write something so bad.

Kitsune, start using spell checkers or I'll have to keep giving you increasingly long bans until you learn.

I have a built in Firefox spell checker that checks as it goes along, and if you right click on a badly spelled word - it gives you options. There's no excuse for the kind of drivel in the first post here.

A

Anonymous

As requested I have spell checked the initial post.

The thread is a question about if your postal service is reliable or a load of deer poo.