Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on who you're seeing

• I HATE music

• Total voters

Crippollo

Roller Poster
I had a great weekend with 2 gigs to go to , both of which were awesome.

but when talking with about my weekend I've had people saying that gigs are lame/crap/boring ect.

I know that some people are crap live *cough*Dragonforce, but they seem to think its a waste of money going to see people live.

so what do you people think.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've never got the urge to see anyone live. I listen to their music but just CBA to travel just for them to sing it again.
I know lots of other enjoy gigs, but I'd much rather spend my money on something else.
I don't hate them. I just don't feel the need to go to any.

kimahri

CF Legend
Blue man group are amazing live.

Technically. I think.

I don't really know.

But it's better to see them in person than listen to them on CD and watch YT videos.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Well it really does depend on who your seeing live. If you want to go see somebody like Britney Spears stand on a stage in front of thousands and move her lip's in sync to a song, then you might as well buy a CD.

thx

Mega Poster
^^^ dunno, but the prices... last year she (Celine Dion) was here, it was 149-199€ for a ticket. ugh.

The grand majority of the gigs I've been to, have been great (or better) and were definitely more enjoyable and more of an experience than listening to them at home/in car etc.

[a bit off-topic] I guess this is your (one's own fault). What I don't like is when some people go and see a same group over and over again thus stopping other people that hasn't been the chance to listen even once at the band, like it's here with ie. Metallica 50'000 tickets sold in less than an hour, (they've been here 4 times in 6 years) . Especially as some of the older fans have seen them live multiple times anyway in the 90's or abroad etc). I know that their gig could be crap, but that's not what I am getting at, it's the 'principle', if you understand what I mean.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I find that listen to bands live in the car is a pain, the drummer tends to always knock the windscreen wipers on. So in the car, pre-recorded! :p

Seriously though, I love live music, but it's very rare I would want to listen to a live album. Once the atmosphere has gone from the live venue, I find very few bands can carry off good "live albums".

If I went to see a band live, I'd be very miffed if they played the CD and mimed (cough Brittany etc).

Of course, you can never tell if a band is going to be good live, but if you love their music and are right in the crowd, it's rare you notice unless they really ARE crap anyway (hint, choose better bands to listen to :p ).