What's new

Is it worth it?

A

Anonymous

I'm 16, living in the UK, and in the Summer before I go to Uni I would love to come to the US and stay for maybe a week in a Cedar Point Resort. This is obviously going to be really expensive, and I was just wondering whether you think it's worth it or not? Is CP really THAT good? I've heardless countless people saying it's amazing, and a large majority of the rides look breathtaking, but I've also heard of people that haven't enjoyed it so much. So is a large trip to Cedar Point worth the effort, or should I not go to the trouble and visit when I'm in US for other means?

Snoo

The Legend
A week? No. A few days to just relax and enjoy the area? Yeah. Of course, Waldameer is 2.5 hours away, Kennywood is 3, and Kings Island is 4.. all worth the drives.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yes.

You will be done with CP in 2 days tops. There are plenty of other amusement parks around, as well as cultural experiences, such as Detroit!

Snoo

The Legend
Nothing like getting shot while you watch hookers strut up the street to give you a good look at how we do thinks over here in the States.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, what they said.

A week is too long in ANY park in my opinion. A couple of days at CP is more than enough; we managed to ride everything, and get a few rerides, in just one, fairly busy, day.

If you're making the effort to travel that far in the first place, it seems stupid to limit yourself to one location the entire time when there are other things to do fairly close by.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Absolutely. It would be nice to maybe spend two days at the park. It would mean you could chill out a bit more and get some more re-rides, but anymore than two would be a bit much I think.

And like others have said, considering how many other parks are around the area it's just daft!

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Cedar Point is definitely worth the trip over, but like everyone else has said, a week is way too much.

I went to Cedar Point in 2009 and was originally planning on spending 3-4 days there. As I planned further, I added a couple days at Kings Island, and then realized how close Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom was, and then how close Holiday World was from that! I had all of them included when I booked the trip, and I cut CP down to 3 days... but I was still really worried about not getting everything in (I was retarded). A few weeks before leaving, I decided that if I had finished CP in 3 days, I would add a couple hours at Waldameer cutting a full CP day into only a few hours.

Turns out, I completed the whole park in one day (granted it was a 13 hour day!), but unfortunately due do bad weather near Waldameer, I spent the next day half at CP and half at an Indians Baseball Game, and then instead of another full day at the park next day, I went to Kennywood. The rest of the trip went on as planned.

Don't fool yourself... CP can be done and enjoyed in two days.