What's new

Is drop tower a good way to prepare for slingshot?

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
When I go to kings island in the summer of 2016 with a friend who is a girl, we will ride slingshot and xtreme skyflyer together. We both have never ridden slingshot or xtreme skyflyer in our life. We also have never ridden a drop tower ride in our lives. We are a little bit nervous about slingshot because we have never been launched rapidly to the sky or dropped to the ground rapidly in the case of xtreme skyflyer.
I ask y'all this, can drop towers be used for preparation for slingshot and xtreme skyflyer for the speed, how fast they will move and how high they will go?
I know this is a interesting question, but I have wondered this for a bunch of years in my life. Also what tips do you have for drop tower at kings island? Is there anything I should know about drop tower at kings island?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I recently went to Drayton Manor, a park in England with my friend (who is a girl). She had to psyche herself up for the drop tower because she was scared, she tried to hold my hand on the ride (the park allows this) but I was unaware because I was enjoying the view. The drop tower will give you a much stronger dropping sensation than the slingshot and xtreme skyflyer.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
If you can ride one, you can ride both. They both have their points of intensity. If you like heights, do drop tower first. If you like surprises, do Slingshot first. Either works imo.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
My god. Just ride the bloody rides, you don't need someone's option on everything you do! Plan your own day!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster
You are correct. This is an interesting question. I do not know about drop tower at Kings Island, but if you had asked this sooner you would not have wasted a bunch of years wondering about this interesting question.

A drop tower could be a good way to prepare for a slingshot. It depends on if you enjoy it or not.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
After all this talk about your Kings Island trip you better go on all of these rides and not chicken out last minute!