Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Slightly

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Well i've noticed people seem to have mixed opinions about Collosus at Thorpe Park being rough.

Sure there is a little bit of headbanging during the cobra roll and the corkscrew but otherwise I think it's quite smooth.

However the front is way smoother than the back, a greater difference than on most coasters.

Anyway discuss...

EDIT - Added the Thorpe Park bit for CP6 :p

robertw

Roller Poster
No. Not really. There are many words I'd use to describe Colossus, but rough isn't one of them. You do get quite a bit of headbanging, but does that means roughness? I really don't know. I wouldn't call it rough, but then I haven't really found anything rough, so I don't really know how to define it.

Yeah, I'm not much help really. :oops:

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Rough? Hmmm, its not glass smooth, but I don't think its properly rough. It has some bumpy parts, like the entry to the loop, and the Cobra (horrible inversion), but there's worse out there. All it needs is a bit of rain to grease the track! On monday, it was going so fast, I never noticed any bumping, the corkscrews were lovely!

c&r

Mega Poster
Unless since I last rode it, Colossus has changed drastically, it damn well isn't rough, and if you think it is, you are a damned fool.

Sam

Giga Poster
Is Colossus rough?

Is Tony Blair an arsehole?

Do cows go moo?

Is England in Europe?....

You get the idea :lol:

Jake

Strata Poster
Not atall, its a smooth ride and is actually pretty cool, people who say its rough are just plain spoilt.

Its a shame the park sucks though...

Lain

Giga Poster
Colossus is not rough, I rode it in the back row in the pouring rain and it was perfectly fine.

joe

Mega Poster
Flocko said:
Colossus is not rough, I rode it in the back row in the pouring rain and it was perfectly fine.

Thats the worst part to sit :shock: .

I think its rough, it goes bumpy around the track. The Cobra Roll is the roughest part. The small airtime hill and the Inline Twists are smooth. The headbanging is so annoying aswell.

00 Tom 00

Roller Poster
Collosus is not rough. On some parts maybe, but as a whole it is not rough. Most people say it is rough on their first ride on Colossus. When i went on for the first time i thought it was rough, but i figured it was only because i was tense. If i just relaxed my body and just enjoyed the ride, i wouldn't worry about being shaken about.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^I was the other way. My first ride seemed to have a lot less headbanging that I find now. Just because you get some headbanging, it doesn't necessarily mean the coaster's rough. A little bit of headbanging should be expected on all coasters really. Its only when you get towards SLCs (the worse ones) and Boomerangs that you can really say a coaster is rough.

c&r

Mega Poster
Actually, I mentioned this to someone at chessie, but I've never found SLC's rough. I haven't ridden many.. umm, 3/4, but all the one's I've ridden you headbang because of the lats, NOT because of the track. Its like the Eurofighter at Bobbejaanland, the lats on that make you hit your head, but is it rough? Nope, its like glass.

[Not ridden the one at Movie Park Germany then? Thought not. That's rough as hell, all because of hunting, coulda got my hand between the wheels & the rail! - Rob]
[Lovely stuff :-D - Ross]

Ben

CF Legend
Yes.... very. I just get clobbered the whole way round, especially that god awful Cobra Roll, it's just one bang on the head after another. It's really not helped by the worst restraints in the country.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Flocko said:

I must say Iain, that was probably my best ever ride on Colossus...... it was soooooooo FAST!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Collosus Rough?..

Hardly! compared to some other coasters ive been on anyway.
The only part which is rough i find is the entrance to the cobra roll. But other than that...Smooth cruisin! lol

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've never had a problem with it... Well, not overly... The barrel rolls hurt, but that's the bad train design and hangtime, not the roughness of it... Then again, I like it rough, so tend not to notice unless it's extreme (or out of the norm, like Air is rough compared to how it used to be, but it's still not ROUGH).

So I'd say a middle of the fence slightly, as it is a bit, but nothing that hurts me...

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Well I have previously stated my feelings on Collosus "teddy...washing....machine"? For a ride so relatively new, I would not have paid the bill for it....simple as!