What's new

Is anyone going to any festivals this year?

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
im going to Reading festival this year it will be my first festival is anyone going or have gone to any festivals and could anyone give me any tips?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've been to a few festivals - dance festivals - but not been to one for many years now.

However, I may be off to the Isle of Wight next weekend. A few people I know are going and one of them is really ill! If he doesn't recover in time, he said I can have his ticket at half the price.

I'd go for the atmosphere and to smoke loads of pot more than anything else. I don't like live music and camping that much.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
I went to Isle of Wight last year, was good, even if the headliners were a bit before my time (Sex Pistols & The Police, I enjoyed them though), I did want to go to it this year but I can't afford it!

Maybe next year!

Bitter

Mega Poster
Got a guest pass for Reading Festival, private camping area and bar ftw. Just going for Radiohead really, the rest of the lineup is just okay. Unlike Ian above I pretty much just go for the music, i don't really like the atmosphere or camping.

Also going to Truck Fest. Supergrass and Ash are headlining, it's in my old village where I used to live and has a much nicer atmosphere.

mrclam

Giga Poster
im too old for that sort of malarky.. my poor back wouldnt be able to cope with camping nowadays

T4 on the beach

And anyone over the age of 10 is too old for that malarky...

Bitter

Mega Poster
That's why I invested in a lovely inflatable bed for my tent, best thing I ever bought. Plus pretty much everyone wants to sleep in my tent, which at a festival is not always a bad thing. Eh. Eh.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I was going to go to Oxegen but am not going to bother now because for the price of a ticket I can just go away for a few days and we're not allowed request that weekend off.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Bitter said:
That's why I invested in a lovely inflatable bed for my tent, best thing I ever bought. Plus pretty much everyone wants to sleep in my tent, which at a festival is not always a bad thing. Eh. Eh.

at a festival - you REALLY dont want ANYTHING in your tent which might be worth more than a few pence...

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Never been to any concert/festival or anything in my life. My first concert is this July cause Im going to T4 on the beach cool)

Bitter

Mega Poster
I've been to Reading 5 times now and to be honest I've never had any trouble with stealing. I agree with you though, i never take anything valuable, and while I wouldn't put it past some people to steal something as large as an airbed, like I say i've not had that happen yet.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Benicassim =)

not fond of the lineup nor how good the Euro is...but who cares! I'm going to Spain.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
bob_3_ said:
Benicassim =)

not fond of the lineup nor how good the Euro is...but who cares! I'm going to Spain.

My brother is going to that! He's been busy at the gym for the last three months as he doesn't want to be "another fat British tourist in Spain." :lol:

I don't think he understands that he can't get camping stuff in a carry-on cabin bag.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
e's been busy at the gym for the last three months as he doesn't want to be "another fat British tourist in Spain."

Haha.. yeaaaah..me too :oops: .

I also have that camping problem...

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I desperatley want to go to Download this year because the lineup is so varied. They have Pendulum and The Prodigy, they have Motley Crue then they have the heavier stuff like Slipknot, but also some underdog bands like Skindred and then there is the almigty Korn.

Sonisphere is just a wet dream. Metallica, A7X, NIN, LOG, Machine Head, BFMV and Linkin Park always a good laugh, manufactured though they may be.