What's new

iPhone/iPod Apps

Ollie

CF Legend
Sorry in advance if there's already a topic on this.

Ever since I got my iPod Touch for my birthday I've finally got into the world of apps. I'm always looking for good new ones but there's so many most are hidden and you only find through reviews or word of mouth.

This topic is for you all to recommend apps that you have an enjoy and would recommend.

I've got quite a few already and the most recent two I've got are...
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 is reduced to only 59p for a limited time so decided to get it while it's cheap.
Same with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I loved this game on the PS2 and this is a port of the PSP version so I've got a version of it to play while I'm out and about.

Also downloaded Train Conductor last night which is free. It's a really simple yet addictive game. It looks easy but gets quite fast paced and frantic as you're switching trains across to the right tracks while trying to avoid them crashing.

So what apps have you got and what would you recommend to everyone else?

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ragdoll blaster 2! Fantastic game!

Hot shot pool as well. Infuriating, but I finally completed it a couple of weeks ago. And subsequently deleted it!

Both free, both Apple.

Ollie

CF Legend
Also I was going to ask what everyone's usernames for stuff like gamecentre and stuff are.
Mines the usual coasterollie :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Cut the Rope was a fun app. Although it was rather easy and I was able to complete all the levels with three stars easily in an evening. Really fun game though, just needs a few more harder levels. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm assuming you have Flight Control? If so, my game centre id is "ianmbell". I've sent you a request.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
I've added you both, my game centre id is lewist666. (I see you just accepted, Ian.)

I've mainly been playing pool/snooker games (like Ronnie O'Sullivan's Snooker and Steve Davis Pool)

Another app that kept me entertain for a while was 'Say What You See: Music' an app where you have to name the artists from a picture of their name, quite fun, but pointless after 1 play through!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Added you.

Been playing that Smurfs' Villiage game. Can you all add me so I can make my village get bigger please. :p

A few other apps I've been playing a lot recently are...
Rolo - Neat little puzzle game where you slide the lines vertically or horizontally to match the pattern.
Zombie Kick - Had it for a while as got it when it was the free app for the day. Quite addictive.
Flight Control - I'm crap at it but I keep trying to better my score. :p

Also downloaded the Naughty Bear app. It's not as good as the PS3 version but is scaled down nicely for the iPhone. Some of the kills and the voice over is pretty funny.

Also does anyone know if their Making a Angry Birds Christmas? I got the Halloween one but it's much harder than the original and still haven't done many of the levels on either.
Also tempted to get that Sleep Talk Recorder as it's got good reviews. But I don't know if I talk in my sleep so don't know if it's worth me getting.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I'm mrbell but I deleted it from my phone MONTHS ago. I never saw any use for it when I have tonnes of free texts/mins and could also catch people through CF, Twitter and Facebook. (Not that I'm on Facebook :wink:)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
marc said:
Just installing 4.2, even though its more for the iPad and older iPhones.
The ability to change the text message alert is a good one though.

Seeing as every twat, **** and harry has an iPhone now, everybody reaches for their pocket when they hear the "dur-lur-ler" tri-tone. It was the same when everybody has Nokias. BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP!

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ian said:
Seeing as every twat, **** and harry has an iPhone now, everybody reaches for their pocket when they hear the "dur-lur-ler" tri-tone. It was the same when everybody has Nokias. BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP!

I have the "BONGGGG!" because Facebook uses the tri-tone thing and you can't change that, and I like to be able to differentiate.

Plus, the "BONGGGG!" just sounds massively sarcastic and it makes me chuckle every time it goes off.

marc

CF Legend
Ian sorry to say you can still not use custom ones which is really silly and there ones last too long :(

Ollie

CF Legend
Driver:
Loved this game on the PS1 and played it loads when I was younger. Now it's out for the iPhone and iPod Touch and it's exactly the same as the PS1 version with all the missions and free drive modes. It's even got all the bonus stuff like all the dirt tracks, cops and robbers and survival modes.
They've spruced the graphics up as well so the colours and the graphics look a lot better than they did on the PS1.
Oh and the best thing....It's FREE! (well it was when I got it. Might have been a free app of the day thing).