What's new

iPhone 4?!

Mark

Strata Poster
Doh, edited whilst you posted lol.

Granted you didnt, but it does sometimes come across like a criticism of people... but as I said before...

Anyways, we have digressed... back to the iPhone...

Already finding reports of people saying that fault is being greatly exagerated on facebook and so on...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can I state for the record that I am not an Apple fanboy. I prefer PCs to Macs and I think the iPad is the biggest pointless waste of time since thumb-twiddling was discovered. I am, however, an iPhone fanboy.

I am slightly put off the iP4 by Marc and Big John's comments. I have a 3GS which, from what they are saying, is not worth an upgrade. I would like the extra features (but I'm unsure how I would use them), but what's the point if my 3GS is adequate enough.

I'm now tempted to wait an extra year when they undoubtedly release a "4S". That'll piss Mother off as she wants first dibs on my 3GS in January. Now she'll have to wait.

marc

CF Legend
Ian could not agree more about the Ipad.

You should wait for the next iPhone and not the 4, unless you want to shoot videos in HD or take better pictures.

It is faster than the 3gs but you should probably do what I done and just hold on a bit longer.

The 2nd gen 4 with probably be out this time next year, and due to awaiting a few more months you will get it for next to nothing like I am with the 4.

Here is the reply from Apple about the problem, not the best reply.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8761240.stm

marc

CF Legend
Double post sorry.

Just got my phone, it was activated within a few minutes. Not had a chance yet to play with it and probably wont today.

First impressions are the screen looks fantastic and the phone is so fast. It feels like a phone now nice a solid.

Smithy

Strata Poster
jobsemail.jpg

hey-apple-youre-holding-it-wrong.jpg

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I have just updated to OS4 for my iPhone 3GS. As far as I care at the moment I have a year left on my contract and my phone can do what I want from it and I have most of the software from the new iPhone as it comes with the OS. Apart from a slight issue with google calendar everything is fine now with mine. I'll see what is coming out in a year's time as to whether I get the iPhone 4.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm getting one for my birthday in October, they look awesome, I use video calling alot, it would be great to have a camera, phone and ipod all in one, ofcourse I already have an iPhone, but I don't use it as my phone lol, I will probably scrap it anyway, has a cracked screen, I am a huge apple fan! :D Buybuybuy! :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Been using my phone all day, getting 3g where I never used to and had no signal drop at all.

The phone is fantastic, so fast etc.

So people can say what they want tbh I am really happy with mine and no problems at all.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
marc said:
Been using my phone all day, getting 3g where I never used to and had no signal drop at all.

The phone is fantastic, so fast etc.

So people can say what they want tbh I am really happy with mine and no problems at all.

Ditto, I've had 3G almost everywhere (except for my house..grr) on the new iPhone, 3G was a rarity with my iphone 3g! How ironic.

I got worried after reading all the reports about the signal dropping, so then tried holding it in the problem areas, squeezing etc, and I didn't get any signal drop at all.

Another bonus is with the new screen resolution I can read this forum on the phone without having to zoom in! haha

marc

CF Legend
Yes the screen is fantastic so clear and not effected at all in the sun.

I have found 1 problem but do not know if it's due to the fact I still have the film on it, I can hardy hear the person talking to me but as I said it could just be me not setting up right yet or the film.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Does the film cover the ear speaker bit? I'd imagine that would affect it!

I presume you also know that whilst in a call you can turn up the person on the other end by using the volume buttons on the side?

marc

CF Legend
Yeah its all on max, I think its the film covering it. I will get a new one next week when they bring them out. I just have the rubber one that protects the back as well.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Yeah, I'd like to see what the official Apple 'bumpers' look like, the website doesn't really show much. I know I need a case really though, otherwise I could have a very expensive droppage! I don't like putting cases on cos they ruin the looks, although I did have a really nice Incipio case for my 3G.

Smithy

Strata Poster
What a joke they're turning out to be with this.

BUT IT'S APPLE AND PEOPLE LOVE THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE CUTTING EDGE

marc

CF Legend
I am actually laughing at what's being said tbh as I have had zero problems and people at work have their htc phones crashing since the new update :)

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
DEATH GRIP, waste of £599 for a phone that has an obvious fault, wait untill the iPhone 4S or 4G when they will have most of the bugs fixed (probably with a shed load more though) It was the same with the iPhone 3g so they brought out the 3gS to fix the problems of the 3g, sereously it will fix itself just wait a little while, new tech is overated untill it is in the market, i have learnt my lesson as i brougt a brand new Alienware M17x on the day of release two years ago :--D, 3 weeks after it was delivered the Ram Modules melted and te GPU's lost half of the Capability :roll:. Now i always wait Untill the Majororty or the problems are fixed. :!: