What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

A

Anonymous

jjjjustin12 said:
what is tunnel vision
When you are experiencing a positive g-load for some time (like at bottom of hills or powerful turns), it forces the blood from your head, as the amount of blood decreases you will experience different things depending on the force, time you are exposed, your own fitness, etc. first you get tunnel vision (you only see the centre of your field of view focused and the rest is a grey blur), tunnel vision is usually accompanied with greying out, after that you will black out /everything goes dark/passing out, and if you have overdone it completely you might die (coasters are designed so that people don't die though).
Please also use proper grammar and don't double post, edit your previous post instead. Enjoy your stay!!

After seeing the video about the trim issue on Intimidator305, I think that those copper plates that are one the side actually could makes a little difference in speed. I mean that the fin don't necessarily have to go between the magnets, on Cobra at Friheden they have magnets (block) on the train and a flat aluminium strip on the track that works as a brake, nothing like the brakes on Intamin, B&M, Vekoma, Gerstlauer, etc. The thing is that the force would be so weak that you don't notice it.
But I guess wee need some pictures/images that show what they look like before saying anything final.

The day I rode Cobra they had a bit of an issue with the magnets being too strong for the wheel assemblies, which caused the train to stick to the metal behind the Aluminium strip :)

EDIT: after seeing the images posted while I wrote this, I agree with it being a bar so that they can add the trims they want to it.

RCF

Strata Poster
31787_429212590350_680640350_5868073_5794808_n.jpg

This is different

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
jjjjustin12 said:
ibreathesbs said:
I honestly don't understand all the issues with I305. Neck-chopping...really? We've been getting pwned by Arrows and Vekomas for YEARS and everyone has a problem with a little neck chop here and there? (i don't experience any neck chopping because I brace myself...but meh) And people are also complaining about the G's...it's an extreme ride, it's meant to be extreme, that's what it was built for. If you can't handle it don't ride it. I just feel like enthusiasts are making huge deals out of nothing. I've heard nothing out of the GP.
I think this is because they expected better from intamin

Better? I don't really know what else Intamin could have done to make I305 a better ride. Has everything I look for in a coaster and more. Powerful positive g's, speed, crazy ejector airtime, and crazy pacing. Don't speak until you ride.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ Honestly, I think there is a lot more that could have gone into this ride, but I am in no way complaining. With its height and speed, I think a smarter (although much more costly) idea would have been to have some more hills like the first one, to burn off some speed, at some length, and of course some more air-time. The layout is just pretty confusing to me as to why they decided to go that direction, but hey...whatever works.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
CreditCrazy said:
^ Honestly, I think there is a lot more that could have gone into this ride, but I am in no way complaining. With its height and speed, I think a smarter (although much more costly) idea would have been to have some more hills like the first one, to burn off some speed, at some length, and of course some more air-time. The layout is just pretty confusing to me as to why they decided to go that direction, but hey...whatever works.

I think the layout is pretty clear. It's supposed to resemble a Nascar race...obviously the "twisty" portion is Dale passing people. If you haven't ridden the ride how can you say its lacking in anything? There's airtime in places where I didn't think there could be airtime...again...reserve your comments for when you ride.

Snoo

The Legend
Apparently, a trim brake has been added through the entirety of the drop.. top to bottom.

Ben

CF Legend
Typical Americans. We have a massive trim all the way down a drop, they just have to gho and copy, but just make it bigger...

marc

CF Legend
I would actually really start to question just what Intamin think they are doing. This is now the 3rd cock up in about 4 years and on all high profile coasters.

At least some people got to ride this one before it was changed, and I bet it will have a big effect on how the ride now rates.

RCF

Strata Poster
Trim brake (to my knowledge) has in fact been put on, BUT you saw the picture I posted of the test seat? Correction: The test seat is back to normal. Here's a review written by Clint Novak:

Clint Novak said:
alright guys, just got off and it has a trim going all the way down the first drop on the left side. The trim in my opinion slows the train down below 90MpH. No black or gray out. Second hill is a lot slower. Not ejector air but now it's flooter air.

good part the rest of the ride is nice. No head choping and the transitions are not as violent.

And apparently about half of the trims on the second hill are gone and are used on the first drop, so the third hill isn't as slowed down as before.

And supposedly there was a guy from Intamin as well taking a look at the ride. And for the people at KDFansite, they're acting like all hope is lost and it's the end of the world. They need to give it a ****ing rest.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Intamin will probally want to forget 2010.

STR's boats being too big or not fitting (whatever it was), This, 13 being a large cockup, EGF stuff.... yeah.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
ibreathesbs said:
CreditCrazy said:

I think the layout is pretty clear. It's supposed to resemble a Nascar race...obviously the "twisty" portion is Dale passing people. If you haven't ridden the ride how can you say its lacking in anything? There's airtime in places where I didn't think there could be airtime...again...reserve your comments for when you ride.

I highly doubt the ride does what the ride does (twists/turns) because of the Nascar theme of the ride (Intimidator at Carowinds is constant hill-after-hill...some Nascar layout...) It's pretty obvious that the ride doesn't do as much as it can do because of the cost of what it would be...which is all I'm saying. It could do a lot more.

I didn't even mention a lack of air-time in my post, or anything of the ride experience for that matter. I'm going off of what the ride does, the stats, and simply how fast the train comes into the brakes, when I say that the ride could have been so much more.

CMonster

Giga Poster
After reading through the last couple of pages of the I305 topic at KDFansite, and fearing for the future of humanity, I have one question.

Is it possible to put magnetic trims on curves? I was under the impression that it's only possible on straighter sections of track.

RCF

Strata Poster
CreditCrazy said:
I'm going off of what the ride does, the stats, and simply how fast the train comes into the brakes, when I say that the ride could have been so much more.

How could the ride be so much more? Because of the fact that it did TOO MUCH is why they're spending money to take away some of the stuff it already did enough of. From what I heard from a lot of people (not just KD Fanboys) I've heard this ride did so much that, while others are being whiny bitches and don't know how to ****ing ride a roller coasters, the others are almost applauding, and they're not freaking out that the ride might become more enjoyable instead of saying, "OMG it'z not gunna be Intimidating!!!!1!111!" or they ever popular, "I'z not gunna ride InTRIMidator 305 anymore" and stupid crap like that.

If in any way they could've done more (which you have no idea if it did because you haven't ridden it and neither have I but I've heard many reviews, which is what I'm basing this on) please enlighten us.

And CMonster, I'm no technology wiz but I would think it'd be a lot harder to put trims on curves because wouldn't they have to be specially designed to fit with the curve? *waits patiently for someone that's tech savvy to answer the question*

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Wait, wait... I am very confused. I thought Snoo was being sarcastic when he said "a trim has been added all the way down the whole drop" because that just sounds ludicrous. But then according to RollerCoasterFanatic, Clint Novak says that such a trim exists.

How in the world? Are we really saying that a 300-foot long trim was added to this ride overnight? Or am I totally missing an obvious joke here?

Someone please clear this up

RCF

Strata Poster
^They've been working on that during the past week and installing it when the park was closed. There are pictures but it's really hard to tell they're there. They stretch from about the middle of the drop to the beginning of the curve.

Snoo

The Legend
From what I've seen is end of the cable lift to beginning of the drop, as RCF pointed out.