What's new

Intamin Aqua Trax vs. Water Coaster

BigBad

Mega Poster
I somehow found myself on Intamin's website and was surprised to see that they listed both the aqua trax and the water coaster. I can't tell how they differ. What am I missing?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
A water coaster actually gets you wet. An AquaTrax is designed to feel like you're on a jet ski, but doesn't come close to touching the water.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Kind of true.

There's definitely no splashdown, but technically the cars do touch the water because it's sprayed onto the tracks on the drops. This can be turned off though and doesn't affect the way the ride runs. I'm not sure if Lotte World even have this water turned on any more; it certainly wasn't the last couple of times I was there. That was ages ago though.

Basically, with a water coaster, the water is an integral part of the whole system. The cars hit the water, create a splash, and actually leave the tracks, floating on the water between the coaster sections.

The water on an aquatrax is purely decorative; the coaster can, and does, operate without it. In the winter, for example, the water of Atlantis Adventure is completely drained, but the coaster still runs.