What's new

"Injured" during a ride ?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Riding coasters is mostly a benign thing but sometimes not. Have you ever experienced headache, minor injuries or pain during a coaster ride ? What is the worst jolt you have received on-ride ?

On a lap on EGF, sitting on the rear right seat my lap bar knocked me during the snappy twisty first drop. My reaction was between crying and laughing as the airtime on the drop was really good!

For some reason I rode Goudurix twice in a row which left me with some pretty nasty nausea (no wonder why the coaster was almost a walk-on...), no vomit, but I had to sit for about 15 minutes before starting riding other attractions again.

Lofty

CF Legend
I received a nasty blow to the head during 'The Gauntlet', a **** Pinfari looper, at Camelot years and years ago. This resulted in me being hospitalised with severe concussion, to the point in which I couldn't walk and kept blacking out. For years after I received severe migraines, that weren't present before. Bastards.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Infusion managed to bruise both my shoulders last year.

That and the standard Ultimate knee bruises are the only cases I can think of personally. Feel kinda lucky! :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Furius Baco always gives me a splitting headache.

Gwazi was also a torture machine that kind of ruined my day at Busch Gardens.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Corkscrew at Flamingoland once knocked 3 teeth loose so that I could hardly close my mouth. Only other injuries are the standard bruised knees after the Ultimate and a very sore back after doing back row on Big Dipper, Wild Mouse and back row on Grand National in a row with minimal wait times. Definitely not something I'll be doing again anytime soon.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Bruised ribs after Racer at KI. The day before I had ridden Legend about 6 times and Voyage over 10, so it could have been a combination of all of them. It may have been cracked, but never went to the doctor but it hurt like a bitch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I jarred my neck after a lap bar on Runaway Mine Train at Chessington fell on my head after I pushed it up to get, but I guess that's not the ride's fault / during the ride.

I bashed my head quite bad on the back of the seat of D'Wervelwind at Toverland too; the spinning just threw me back awkwardly. Felt a bit sore and had a bit of a headache for a while, but nothing major.

That's about it, so guess I've been quite lucky!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The Dark Knight blinded me twice at the end.

I guess Mind Eraser and old woodies beat me up a bit, but nothing serious.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
When I was eleven, I bashed my chin hard on the front of the boat on Dudley Do Right's at IOA - at the bottom of the final drop.

Olaf

Mega Poster
The concessions on any slc are fun, and I blacked out on Olympia Looping

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: "Injured" during a ride ?

Probably the worst knock to my head came from Tornado, the old Pinfari at M&D's.

Another Tornado, the violent spinner at Bakken, gave me whiplash for a few days.

Years ago, I really hurt my right shoulder during the launch on Stealth. I've always since made sure that I sit back properly.

As a kid, I used to pull at the trees on Vampire's list hill at Chessington. Once, I got my fingers stuck in the fence and they got yanked. My own stupid fault.

And multiple bruises from t'Ultimate of course, especially round the knees.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Infusion gave me a disgusting headache and a bleeding ear (not as dramatic as it sounds, I had an earring in).

Magnus Colossus ruined my back. As did the brakes on Lisbergbanan.

Absolute worst was Big Dipper, actually left me with a couple of bruises.

Ben

CF Legend
I got a black eye from this spinning coaster in Qatar, it was horrid.

Here's a photo of it a few days later...

319586_10150367517012845_115533_n.jpg

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I needed to sit down a bit after Wodan, a GCI. The roughness just gave me a headache, probably it was a combination with me being a bit tired, the weather not being good and having to stand in queue (where the air wasn't too good) for almost an hour. But I just prefer my coasters to be as smooth as possible. I'd love this coaster due to the layout, but I can't stand how strong the vibrations are, I won't ride it again unless there is a very short queue.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Midway through Twister at Knoebels, I started wondering if there are any chiropractors in central PA.

This isn't quite what you mean, but I got stung by a bee on Nitro when we were on the final brake run.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I lost my legs once on a drop tower in Kentucky. Fine now though.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
hahaha and y'all kept sayin roller coasters aren't dangerous!?!? Look at all these horrific injuries! Vicky Balch is not the hero we deserve, but the one we need. Right. Now.

Got stung next to my eye and on my back during the same ride on Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga Lake. Turns out there was a hornet nest in the train and a hornet had flown into my shirt during the ride :( That was probably the worst one.

I did have an instance on Wicked Twister where I was holding my foot weird during the ride so when I got off I had shooting pains every time I stepped down all up my leg and back for about 20 minutes after.