What's new

If you saw someone push over an old lady..

If and old lady was robbed and pushed over you'd...

• Help the old lady up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pursue the robber

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom

Hyper Poster
The other topic inspired me to make this poll.

If you saw a robber push over an old lady and steal something important like her wallet would you...

1) Help the old lady up (pedantic Arly)

Or

2) Pursue the robber

I'd help the old lady up, because I know in something spur of the moment like that, I'd have more sympathy for her than the drive to try and catch someone, who I probably wouldn't be able to catch anyways since I'm slow!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Probally watch the scene then keep walking on. Theres no way im helping some randomer when I'll get nothing out of it...

I tend to enjoy watching other peoples misfortunes. Like a Car getting hit (and completely flattened) by a lorry yesturday..funny as.

Crippollo

Roller Poster
I'd help the old lady up I'm way to outta shape to catch up with the robber ill probably shout a load of abuse at him for being so heartless thou.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I would help the old lady who would probably be in shock. I am quite light so wouldn't stand a chance against a robber if they were much bigger than me. Old lady's never carry that much money anyway because pensions pay bugger all so it's no loss.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'd quickly find an internet cafe, log onto CF and look at an "old lady poll" to see what would be the socially acceptable course of action ;)

Steven

Giga Poster
Pursue the robber if I had a wepon to hand like book or folder or whatever I can lay my hands on. A signs are normally the best.

peep

CF Legend
^What?

It would depend really, I'm usually in a bit of a daze when walking along a road so I'd probably stay and help the old lady.

spicy

Giga Poster
Steven said:
Pursue the robber if I had a wepon to hand like book or folder

Those lethal books and folders! Bet that robber would think twice with you coming at him with weapons like that!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Before the robber pulls out a gun or knife and BANG! No more Steven.

Yeaaa.....urm..I mean..Nooooo. :p

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I can just see that working well. "I have a gun" "Yeah? Well I have the Da Vinci Code". Hmmm... I know which one I'd pick.

I'd help the woman because I want to be neither shot nor stabbed, which would both be a likely result of chasing a robber. Purses can be replaced - I, can not.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'd chase the robber, unless the old lady was obviously in immense pain. As in screaming out and needed immediate attention. Other than that, I'd be more help chasing down some thug than I would trying to remember the recovery position in a panic.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I'd help her up. The robber would probably be carrying a knife and I wouldn't risk myself getting hurt or killed.

Slash

Giga Poster
It depends, if, like Smithy said, the old lady was in pain I would help her, otherwise I'd run after the robber and rugby tackle him to the ground. I'm the stupid sort of person to do something like that.

I'd then retrieve the stolen items and give them back to the old lady.

AJ

Giga Poster
Well. If it was croydon, i'd either get shot by the old woman, because she'd call it rape. Or i'd get a machete through my head from the robber, because it's croydon.