What's new

If i go to alton towers...

Astro61201

Roller Poster
Definitely, Air, Oblivion, Smiler Nemesis (if your up for it), then Th13teen is worth at least a ride or two, and the runaway minetrain is always a good laugh (don't worry if you miss it though).

Burniel

Roller Poster
Octonauts.
Depressingly, this would be good advice if the OP had never visited before, what with its ridiculous queues and ERT.

And The Smiler is rougher than Nemesis :) Take on Nemesis, then warm up for Smiler, it's usually quieter later in the day anyway.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Nemesis never gets past 10mins on most days. Get Galactica done quickly as it has been going down a lot quickly. Oblivion, same as Nemesis, if it's on 2 stations. The Smiler never gets past 60min queues on a normal day. TH13TEEN often has a 10min queue when on a 3 train service. Rita, Has been reliable this season even it's effects have been working and gets around 30min queues. Spinball gets 40-50min queues and Octonauts queuetimes if often false and usually just look at how long the queue is and then decide if it's worth doing. Runaway Mine Train gets about 15mins on a normal day.

And finally that wood coaster known as 'SW8' always has a fence so you can't go on it this year...

And the Corkscrew has been SBNO since it got moved to the entrance, maybe it's because track hasn't been completely moved yet? I dunno

scarydrago

Roller Poster
and what about when i go to florida next year im going to sea world and
Nemesis never gets past 10mins on most days. Get Galactica done quickly as it has been going down a lot quickly. Oblivion, same as Nemesis, if it's on 2 stations. The Smiler never gets past 60min queues on a normal day. TH13TEEN often has a 10min queue when on a 3 train service. Rita, Has been reliable this season even it's effects have been working and gets around 30min queues. Spinball gets 40-50min queues and Octonauts queuetimes if often false and usually just look at how long the queue is and then decide if it's worth doing. Runaway Mine Train gets about 15mins on a normal day.

And finally that wood coaster known as 'SW8' always has a fence so you can't go on it this year...

And the Corkscrew has been SBNO since it got moved to the entrance, maybe it's because track hasn't been completely moved yet? I dunno
i know about the sw8 since i went on july 21'st

scarydrago

Roller Poster

is galactica rougher than nemesis

Will

Strata Poster
No. In order of least-most rough:
Octonauts Coaster
Thirteen
Galactica
Oblivion
Runaway Mine Train
Nemesis
Spinball Whizzer
Rita
Smiler

Also, if you've visited Towers and presumably Oakwood before, how is your coaster count just 2?

scarydrago

Roller Poster
No. In order of least-most rough:
Octonauts Coaster
Thirteen
Galactica
Oblivion
Runaway Mine Train
Nemesis
Spinball Whizzer
Rita
Smiler

Also, if you've visited Towers and presumably Oakwood before, how is your coaster count just 2?
because i didnt go on any coasters at Alton towers and at oakwood i been on megafobia and tree tops

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Do Air or Smiler first as they tend to have the longer queues, then just do whatever one is closest next. If you haven't ridden many coasters, I don't think you can go wrong riding Alton's coaster is any particualr order. Each one offers a different and unique experience so you'll probably find that your favourite will change throughout the day!

scarydrago

Roller Poster
Do Air or Smiler first as they tend to have the longer queues, then just do whatever one is closest next. If you haven't ridden many coasters, I don't think you can go wrong riding Alton's coaster is any particualr order. Each one offers a different and unique experience so you'll probably find that your favourite will change throughout the day!
thank you dude

jayjay

Giga Poster
I would bypass thirteen personally. It usually has one of the worst queues and the ride is trimmed to hell.
It's worth trying it for the indoor section. Th13teen gets a ton of mixed reviews and I personally try everything in case I'm that one weird person that likes a horrible ride.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
If are visiting this year and you have the chance to change to another date, change it and either go at Scarefest or in 2018. Scarefest will have street entertainment and Scare attractions. If you go in 2018, AT's lineup will become a lot stronger with the addition of SW8, Reopening of Sub-Terra and Twirling Toadstall(Even if you probably don't want to ride to ride it) and the long needed refurb of Duel.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
It's worth trying it for the indoor section. Th13teen gets a ton of mixed reviews and I personally try everything in case I'm that one weird person that likes a horrible ride.
Yeah, I would try to do Th13teen, it's a fun little ride and the indoor section is fab.