What's new

Identify These Travelling Coasters?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just a quick question. I'm trying to identify a couple of traveling coasters that are in Hong Kong at the moment. I can add pictures later, but they're very basic models, so it's probably not helpful.

The first one is a Pinfari (or similar) Zyklon/Galaxy thing called Euro Coaster (NOT that suspended thing) - yellow track if that helps.

The second one is just a big apple, called Family Coaster. This may be harder to identify since there must be loads, but I'd assume that they're both from the same owner, which might help narrow them down.

All the rides are apparently European, but no way to actually know for sure

Cheers!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Doubtful.

RCDB doesn't list traveling coasters, unless they've changed something very recently?

I looked at the German and UK sections of Coaster-Count. While those coaster names don't come up, there's a Galaxy and Big Apple combo from Derek Codona. The Galaxy coaster looks like the right model, but now has a different paint job if it is that one.

I'll probably just tick those two off the list unless anyone can come up with a better option.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^I'd just do that. I did a similar thing with a Dragon Wagon and an Orient Express I rode. Couldn't figure out the origin, so I checked off the ones that looked closest to the thing I rode.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Gavin, do you have any pictures of the coasters? With stock models like these, it's easiest to tell them apart by the trains/color of the track...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I can't get them now, but if you look in Trip Reports, under Great European Carnival, there are some in there.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I have gone through some coasters on coaster-count and also on some other webpages, but I can't possibly find anything on the Zyklon coaster. Also are those OTSRs on the trains? I've never seen this model with those kind of trains. Weird. And the Wacky Worm is such an off-the-shelf model, it's impossible to distinguish between such a number of slightly different (if, even) coloured clones.

PS: I've gone on the event's website, they also list a Go Gator. Did you get that one as well?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Must've either been added since, or it's from last year when they had one.