What's new

Ideas for Thorpe Park 2015 and 2012 coaster

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
actually John Wardley stated on twitter something to the extent of "Lc12? Codenames are fascinating and this one certainly lives up to that"..... Theres a hidden code in there I reckon as well as it having a simple name as well

Twn114

Roller Poster
I go to Thorpe regularly because i live right next to it and I think a mega lite would really work well, I dont know were they could put it though, the back of canada creek is a good idea but its a bit close to Saw!

A stand-up sounds good as well because it gives the riders a unique experience in that they are standing! The only problem is that if a stand-up or a flyer were to come along after lc12 it would be like a large grouping of B&M's - NI, LC12 and a stand-up/flyer

Don't forget aswell that Thorpe only have limited more space to fill in the lake because they don't have full ownership of it!

Darren B

Giga Poster
^ The reason why thorpe park cant fill in any more of the lake is because the water levels would become a flood risk, apart from that i am agreement with you regarding the 2015 coaster, And a mass of B&M coasters would just look sexy!! But in all seriousness i dont see thorpe having any other option but to install a Mega/Mega-Lite as its one coaster that doesnt have a big foot print and the chavs would find it "Sick"!!, As far as a location for it goes... I think you pointed out a good spot but also i could see them going with an out and back layout over the car park, lake etc, but hey in 3 years time the suspense will be over :/

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
I think a flyer would attract the most guests to be honest as it is unique ( would only be 2 in Europe) however Merlin want to keep the flying coaster unique to Alton Towers.
Diving machine no chance since there is saw the ride and I cant see a floorless because it would be similar to rides already at Thorpe Park. I could see an intamin megalite and at the moment I would probably put my money on it but its too soon to tell........

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
The UK still doesn't have a B+M floorless so I'd really like to see one at Thorpe Park that's around 160-180ft high and with 7+ inversions, great theming and an underground dive perhaps?

However it seems likely that TP might just get a average sized family coaster to disappoint all of us!

Aaron

Hyper Poster
I think canada creek may well be the site of the 2015 coaster

It has been rumored for years that they are planning something for the area, after all it's what, a log flume and a kids ride? Nothing else there! They could easily get some kind of sawmill themed coaster in there (*wishful thinking from me on the theme there) and they have a LOT of space in that area, don't forget all the places Loggers Leap meanders round!

I would also hazard a guess at them potentially looking at a hyper style coaster, using the out and back space as detailed above (well done that man) remember that they still own the land where the farm used to be, as well as the space where the train tracks went along to it before (I actually miss that train, some good memories aboard it and on the farm :( )

With their recent penchant for record breakers and firsts, I think that the UK's first intamin hyper could be a very interesting move for thorpe no? especially given the relative popularity and success of similar coasters in recent times?

Whatever it is, I'm sure thorpe will pull something quite surprising out!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Az said:
I think canada creek may well be the site of the 2015 coaster

It has been rumored for years that they are planning something for the area, after all it's what, a log flume and a kids ride? Nothing else there! They could easily get some kind of sawmill themed coaster in there (*wishful thinking from me on the theme there) and they have a LOT of space in that area, don't forget all the places Loggers Leap meanders round!

I would also hazard a guess at them potentially looking at a hyper style coaster, using the out and back space as detailed above (well done that man) remember that they still own the land where the farm used to be, as well as the space where the train tracks went along to it before (I actually miss that train, some good memories aboard it and on the farm :( )

With their recent penchant for record breakers and firsts, I think that the UK's first intamin hyper could be a very interesting move for thorpe no? especially given the relative popularity and success of similar coasters in recent times?

Whatever it is, I'm sure thorpe will pull something quite surprising out!

I like the idea of a Saw Mill theme, but I think thats what they will theme SAW to once the film license has expired...perhaps. -_-

I'm pretty sure the 2015 coaster will be on the other new island opposite The Swarm, and I also think it will be a flyer. It would just go SO well. Literally flying over the lake. It's a completely different experience to Swarm or any other Thorpe Park coaster!

And although I would love to see a canada creek roller coaster, I don't think it will happen until 2018 or even 2021 :D I'm predicting the 2018 coaster will be to the right of the dome as you enter the park via the bridge.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
If canada creek was to be the site for a new coaster then perhaps they might get a woodie with theming similar to untamed!

Very wishful thinking from me though!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm almost certain it will NOT be a woodie! :(
The structure is too big and the GP will think it's unsafe...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
tbh i think that they will get a coaster that has not been invented yet because the floorless will soon die out , not a flyer because of air and not a dive coaster because of saw

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I'd quite like another B&M to be honest. But TP are really missing out on 'worlds first rides' which AT has loads of and Gardaland has just got into...

It wouldn't be difficult to make the tallest woodie in Britain though!

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'd like to see a larger flying coaster on the scale of the new Starry Sky Ripper, that'd be just what Thorpe needs. In all fairness, the entire continent is well over-due one of these, so I don't think it would affect AIR that much at all. It's exactly like the difference between Rita and Stealth, so whats the problem with that?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
What I want - out and back coaster across where the train currently is.

What we'll get - another island with a 160ft inverting coaster.

Hang on. That said, 160ft is bloody huge for a looping coaster... I'm getting the "160ft" from the mid term development plan. Swam, at 130ft, was on it right? Or have I got this wrong? Still, if 160ft is true, maybe they are thinking about a non-looper.

Omg.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^ 160ft/Non looper... I think you nailed that one. Swarm,Colossus,Saw,NI, thats over 20 Inversions right there so realistically speaking the obvious choice would be to go for a non looping, airtime inducing ride (mega/hyper/giga), and seeing as 9/10 of the steel golden globe awards are filled up with this ride type surely Thorpe will have the sense to follow suit? and seeing as the 'big one' is loved by the GP and has brought millions and millions of guests to the pleasure beach it just makes sense for TP to bag a Mega!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Thing is, what would the Thorpe audience make of a non inverting coaster? I am concerned that market research would throw back less than favourable results.

Thorpe, more than any other park in the country, have the facility to build a tall impressive airtime machine. Whether they will or not is another thing entirely.

Ripping out Neptune's Kingdom is also well overdue, and that is a large space there suitable for a decent coaster. Maverick style, pretty please? Whatever they put there, I'd hope it's low lying to not interfere with the park's skyline.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Joey said:
Ripping out Neptune's Kingdom is also well overdue, and that is a large space there suitable for a decent coaster. Maverick style, pretty please? Whatever they put there, I'd hope it's low lying to not interfere with the park's skyline.

For sure. I mean, yeah, Depth Charge is OK, but now that they've got Storm Surge there really is no need for the entire area. A mega lite would be awesome in that space, even something like Piraten? I hope the market research thing doesn't hold them back, I think that if you asked 10 chavs, 9 of them would say that big drops are scarier than loops. I'd like to think that anyway.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I've got a feeling that TP are going for the 'park with the most inversions', since they're 2nd in the world, beaten only by SFMM!
They'd only get a mega-lite if it came with at least 2 inversions...also they don't want to dwarf Stealth!

Without deja vu, SFMM are on only 27...with the addition of Swarm TP will have 27 too...

Darren B

Giga Poster
Thats a pretty crap record to have IMO especially if your forcing it, TP have an Intamin,Gerslauer,B&M x2 loopers so realistically what would the park install to be there 5th looper? especially bearing in mind the MTDP currently has it standing at 160ft! Intamin blitz (maverick)... nope, not at 160ft tall anyway. B&M looper/Floorless... Nope, both ride types are on the way out and the wingrider is the way forward there, Oh wait ive got it!..... Arrow looper ;)

So yeah Mega is the right move for me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
CoasterCrazy said:
I've got a feeling that TP are going for the 'park with the most inversions', since they're 2nd in the world, beaten only by SFMM!
They'd only get a mega-lite if it came with at least 2 inversions...also they don't want to dwarf Stealth!

Without deja vu, SFMM are on only 27...with the addition of Swarm TP will have 27 too...
How did you get 27? I make it like, 17 without Swarm...?

EDIT:

http://rcdb.com/ib.htm

Thorpe has 22 Inversions inc. Swarm.

But yeah damn, it's second place.