What's new

[IC] Exact Stealth Replica

A

Anonymous

Afternoon, I recreated Thorpe Parks stealth recently and have a short video of it, I'd say it's the most exact replica remake of a rollercoaster I have made on rollercoaster tycoon3 and I tried to make it as real as I could. Check out the video and the others too,

The Information :
The height of the real ride is 205ft, my remake reaches 200.72ft, the top speed of stealth is a supposed 80mph, the remake reaches 80.75mph, obviously you can't calculate the acceleration in RCT3, but I'm hoping it's close to the under 2 second mark.

One thing I have noticed on other remakes is that when the coaster drops from the 205ft, it curves down to a airhill, many remakes made the mistake of putting the track just after the drop before the airhill as the same height as the accelerating runway, whereas the realcoaster, the track is lower than the runway before it curves up to an airhill, confusing I know but you'll understand.

I've never seen a decent airhill on RCT3 remake of stealth and mine is no exception, I would retry the airhill but what I've got is what I've got. obviously the real airhill dosn't straighten at the top but it was the approach I took to it.

The Supports: I'm relatively please with the custom supports I added to the remake as stealths supports are fairly unique and not like your standard TTD/KK design, please take a bit of close attention to them and tell me what you think.

Scenery: About halfway through the video you'll spot the entrance to stealth which is what I'm pleased with, it's all a bit out of proportion in terms of size but the general recreation is there, I wanted to spend more time on the station but it was getting late so I decided to wrap it up before I fell asleep as my RCT3 crashes when loading so when I make these coasters I make them in one go.

Lastly I am aware that the whole track is actually a dark blue before it merges into the white top hat, however I felt that black was the closest I could get to the dark blue of the real ride.

Please view the video by clicking the link in my signature (I Have to wait 7 days before I can post links) Thanks for reading.

TO VIEW PLEASE CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE

Please comment/critisise/rate.

-IndustryChar

Rob

Mega Poster
Hmmm, its an ok effort, but there are many problems with it for a recreation. Firstly, the station needs more attention to detail; if your RCT crashes when loading, save the track and inmport it into an empty sandbox so you can give the landscape the correct attention to detail. The queue is no where near the real life layout, it would have been better to try and include the pond seen in the real life queue. Also, the motor room is missing from the end of the launch track.

The airtime hill does not look nice at all. I feel a curved airtime hill would have been much better, addmitedly it would be faster and more forceful than in real life due to RCT limitations, but would look much nicer than having it flat. The supporting is also ugly on the airtime hill.

The maintenence area is in the wrong place and is missing its surrounding building. The real life maintenence shed is to the rear of the turnaround and has space for atleast 2 trains (possibly 3).

I do like the colours used, and the supporting on the top hat, both look quite nice. What you should remember is RCT is not very accurate, it doesn't calculate speed, forces, height or any other statisitcs very well at all. To try and build a ride to the exact specifications on RCT is impossible, with RCT it's a better idea to try and produce a ride that looks good and similar to it's real life counterpart. If you want reliable and exact recreations, try no limits.