What's new

I has ducks.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Last year, two ducks landed on my garden pond. Was like lol wtf, but thought nothing of it.

A year later and it happened again. I doubt it's the same pair. I suspect that both pairs are just looking for a nesting site. The difference is, last years never came back after that one occasion... This years pair, however, keep returning and have wondered all around the garden and in and out of bushes. They've been back every day for 5 or so days. They aren't tame and I really don't want them to become too tame. I've been avoiding encouraging them too much. I worry that if they do stay, they will be making a bad choice. I think they are severely at risk from foxes. Still, I couldn't resist feeding them the other day.

2581_75440616270_644541270_2732756_803113_n.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MmVr450lV0[/youtube]
It's funny watching the koi nibble their feetz. It really wouldn't suprise me that if we get ducklings, the largest carp (named Gutsy) could swallow one whole.

But, anyway, they are in need of names! So make suggestions. I'll keep you posted on whether or not they stay and maybe we'll get to see ducklings at some point later this spring...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tony Soprano had ducks land and nest in his swimming pool in series 1, so I reckon you should name them after characters from the show. Tony and Carmella? [/obsessed]

Sara

Roller Poster
^ No! Remember the curse of naming things in pairs like that! You'll end up with Crispy and.... er... well, just Crispy! But if you had two pairs and you named one set Crispy and Aromatic and the other pair Bubble and Squeak, you'd end up with Crispy and Bubble. Etc.

I suggest Elvis and Caroline after some penguins at London Zoo.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
How about Bolliger & Mallard or *sticking with Ian's suggestion* Pauly Walnuts & Jenni Melfi?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Mother liked the names Crispy and Aromatic best. Personally I think human names are funnier, especially when thuroughly rediculous, but that's just me.

They are getting brave... Well, she is. He's a pansy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxR-7KJVq_8[/youtube]