What's new

I don't watch POV's before riding...

Ben

CF Legend
I watch all the POVs, all of the time.

Most rides I don't like as much the first time round anyway, and then they grow on me, so 'spoiling' it with a POV won't hurt.

And lets face it, I'm never going to avoid the spoilers of what Karnan does etc so **** it.

Karnan is fab btw.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I watch the POV's for the majority of new coasters, to be honest if I end up riding it I can barely remember what the layout was like anyway. I do try and avoid it if I know i'm visiting that park but sometimes I just cant help myself! I don't feel like it spoils anything for me though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
There was a study once with film where they proved that spoiling the narrative actually improves people's enjoyment overall, but those same people still perceived that being spoiled was bad. It boils down to never being able to relive the that experience and so it holding value.

I agree with Ben and I think having watched a pov gives you a head start on what you're kind of, looking out for? First rides can be a bit of a blur otherwise.

If I intend to review a ride as well, I like to know as much as possible before going into it so I can judge it objectively and as little based on my feelings that day.

Re Winjas, Karnan, etc. I think not knowing about that possibly has shock benefit, but like Ben says... Impossible for us as nerds. But I would hold that info from anyone who didn't know if they had the privilege of not knowing. :p