Which Do You Prefer?

• Airtime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inversions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slash

Giga Poster
Which do you prefer coasters with airtime? or coasters with inversions?

This has been bugging me for ages and I wanted to know what Coasterforce prefer.

Ollie

CF Legend
Expedition GeForce = loads of airtime
Expedition GeForce = no inversions
Expedition GeForce = best coaster ever

Airtime wins. :D

marc

CF Legend
I have to admit I get bored of airtime. I like EGF but for the drop and speed tbh.

Once you go over one airtime hill the rest is the same.

I like forces, even inversions on newer coaster I find a bit lame I prefer older coasters that whip round the loops.

Inversions for me as well :)

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Airtime and here comes a quote:

Ollie said:

So YAY for Airtime, although Khan's Zero-G is fecking good.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Although I agree with Leigh, Magnum XL gave some good airtime, flat ride aritime on Rush doing the one click challenge is soo airtime. I love airtime.

walker1104

Mega Poster
I don't know really, I like both.

I havent been on any hypers so I havent really experienced airtime on a coaster. But the airtime on Rush is pretty good.

So yeah airtime for me.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:

Just what I was about so post when I saw the topic.

Some inversions are good, But I love the feeling of airtime as you are flying over a hill.

wash

Mega Poster
Can't we all get along? How about from now on they only build coasters with really slow inversions so you come out of your seat. :wink:

I can't really say as I haven't been on many good airtime coasters, so I'll stay neutral for now.

A hyper, because hypers tend to have a lot of good airtime, and most of them are tall as well which provides that extra adrenaline rush and fantastic first drop.

Loopers are good though, don't get me wrong, but going upsidedown is slightly overrated compared to airtime.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
southend_marc said:
Once you go over one airtime hill the rest is the same.
Can't believe you said that marc.
Anyone who has been on Behemoth knows that it isn't the same as the others (Goliath, Nitro, Apollo's Chariot. etc.) and all of the guys who went on the East Coast Trip can tell you about the difference between El Toro's & Boulder Dash's airtime hills. And how about the difference between various manufactures, much less the basics between steel & wood?

As for me, I am really split on this one in spite of what my Top 10 would suggest. I absolutely love airtime, which makes perfect sense - being a huge woodie fanboy and all. However, I have ridden GASM at SFGAdv more than any other coaster and Medusa isn't far behind on my ride count. I'm a huge fan of Superman's pretzel as well as Hydra's JoJo, then there's Batman & Talon at those same parks. I completely fell for Dommy this year and I can't forget about the best of them all - Maverick!
So I guess I like inversions a lot, but somehow I have to vote airtime. :?