What's new

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thought I'd best do it here to prevent taking over Taylors report.

So whats it like? Would you recommened going this year? Is it the same rides year in year out? How are the coasters priced?

Cheers.

Ollie

CF Legend
It's closed for this year now.

The rides seem to be mostly the same each year but the layout changes and some years there's new rides but others may also not return.
Rides are super expensive though. £6 for the drop tower, £5 for the inverted coaster and £4 for the others. Most other rides are either £3 or £4.

It's worth going as it's nice to walk around and has a nice atmosphere. But don't expect to ride much unless you're rich.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Cheers Ollie. I noticed it was closed now until November, just doing some real early planning :p

Are there days to avoid, such as weekends?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When I went on the Saturday before Christmas, it was busy but minimal queues. It's a bit like a seaside park in the middle of London in respect that there are loads of people milling about, but rides are more or less walk-on.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If they slashed the prices by just a pound, they'd get more on.

I found the ride selection this year was great, the only problem I had with Winter Wonderland is the poor staff. Oh my gosh were they rude!

One staff member to "Sit down or else" I was just putting my stuff down on the floor. And then again one staff member at the end of the ride told us to "Pick your **** up and leave there".. Not very impressive, so I let rip into the guy.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ian said:
When I went on the Saturday before Christmas, it was busy but minimal queues

This for me as well, on the day before New Year's Eve. Loads of people crammed in there, getting in the **** ing way, gawping and taking pictures while not actually doing anything. It does look really nice and "Christmasy" in places, but the whole thing got on my tits to be honest.

Lofty

CF Legend
I loved it. It had a great atmosphere. It's very much what I would imagine that either Oktoberfest or another major European fair would be like.

Yeah, as Ollie said, both coasters that where there (The Euro Coaster inverted mouse & The Black Hole) were both priced at £5. The Drop tower has a REALLY ****e cycle. It just leaves you at the top for like 2 minutes then bounces you down. It's TERRIBLE yet the most expensive ride there. As stated before, it's nice just to walk around. I really enjoyed the place!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Black Hole was £4

£4 for that crappy ghost train as well, which I'd highly recommend NOT bothering with. It looks way better from the outside.

Ben

CF Legend
Both coasters? There was a BIG APPLE <3

You probably forgot though Mark, when you left early.