What's new

Huss/Dollywood relationship topples...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
DOLLYWOOD, TENNESSEE, USA

Dollywood has filed a lawsuit claiming $500,000 from Huss rides, Germany over Timber Tower.

It's claimed that the Huss Topple Tower has suffered from far too many faults and maintenance issues, so Dollywood are claiming for loss of use of the ride.

Huss were contracted to supply, install and maintain the ride, which (contrary to our park guide) has been down all this season.

Lofty

CF Legend
This really doesn't surprise me, at all in fact. There's got to be some major points on the side of Dollywood to win this case though, Huss could just turn around and show them that the other Topple Towers' that have ben built are in great working order. Wait...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Hilarious.

I hope Dolly get every penny and invest it in something from someone competent.

Topple Towers are not only ...broken, they look dull too. So the concept won't be missed. I will epic LOL if that Chinese knock off one works fine.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I (somehow) managed to ride this...

It was... Interesting... But not particularly anything substantial, and throughputs were alright I guess... I got on it just after it opened... Needed theming to be actually worthwhile as well, Dollywood had some of that, but really not much you could do with one to make it stand-out and amazing...

Just another unreliable ride type that never worked to it's potential...

Snoo

The Legend
Meh.. nothing missed tbh. Huss has had problems across the board. No wonder they filed bankruptcy.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Snoo said:
Meh.. nothing missed tbh. Huss has had problems across the board. No wonder they filed bankruptcy.

Seems like the only rides they can make are top spins...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Their frisbees and giant frisbees have been extremely popular as well, and seem to be really reliable.

Enterprise? Old and not that exciting these days, but a popular and reliable ride type.

I have to agree though that are definitely other flat ride manufacturers coming up with much more interesting new ideas than Huss have had for ages. I think that a lot of their rides have definitely had their day now, and their newer stuff (what little there is of it) has been left standing when you compare it to other manufacturers.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Does anyone know more about the Huss bankruptcy? All the info I can find on the net was from back in 2006 and there were rumours back then of a company from Hannover helping them out.

Personally i'd be gutted if Huss stopped making rides, I think the Giant Frisbee's are one of the best flat rides out there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^There are a few other companies making similar rides though (in fact I'm pretty sure Intamin brought their Gyro Swing out before Huss brought the Giant Frisbee, so it's not even a Huss original), so even if Huss disappear, there's still people who can, and will, build the rides if parks want them.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^ I still think it's a shame, i've been on other frisbee rides by Intamin (Maelstrom at Drayton Manor) and Fabbri (Flip Flop at Flamingo Land) as well as a couple of KMG Afterburners, but none of them ride as well as the Huss equivalents at Cedar Point and Kings Island.

Ben

CF Legend
There needs to be more of the HUGE Intamin Gyro Swings like...

314372_10150368764292845_655017844_10221541_1096787_n.jpg

Because they're a million times more awesome than the Huss ones.

But, yeah, Huss aren't really in any trouble just because these are crap. Although, the one at Marineworld was "fun" in terms of a family attraction. I'd have loved it at 8 or so. I dunno, I'm not the biggest fan of them, but, I think they have their place. I remember when every man and his dog wanted Chessington to get one!

Ben

CF Legend
^That one's at Happy Valley Shanghai, but, I think Lotte World has a HUGE Intamin one as well.

So much better than the Huss <3

Pablo237

Roller Poster
I always thought Huss was better because they can theme their rides. But I haven't seen any of them yet. Plus that was a lame reason to think so.

Intamin is well known for quality.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Any ride is capable of being themed; it's down to what the park wants and not the company building them.

Ben said:
I think Lotte World has a HUGE Intamin one as well.

Yep, Lotte World has the very first one, before Huss got in on the act with the Giant Frisbees. I'm assuming the Huss models are cheaper, since they're far more prolific, but the Intamin version is definitely superior.

Here's an old picture of Gyro Swing at Lotte World; it's been repainted since. Still the same ride though:

gyroswing1.jpg