What's new

How to get to Drayton Manor using public transport?

Dan1989

Mega Poster
So due to Alton been shut tomorrow We have decided to give Drayton Manor a try. (Never been before so it's completely new ground for me).

I have been looking online and cant make heads or tails of the information. We will be coming from Stoke to Tamworth on the train (As I already had tickets to Uttox anyway I'm just going to get off at Stoke and change for Tamworth there, as that is also were we meet one of our traveling companions). From Stoke we get a train at 08;12 and it arrives at Tamworth train station at 09;08. The next bit is where I'm stuck. I have read there is a bus the 110, but I don't think it goes from the train station and i have never even heard of Tamworth before today.

So basically how can I get from Tamworth Train station to Drayton Manor on the bus if anyone knows? or even how much a taxi would be.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've done it twice by taxi. There's a taxi rank at the station which uses metered taxis. The last time I did it was almost two years ago, and it cost about 8 quid from what I remember. You'll have to call them to pick you up if you want to get back to the station later. Just get a card from the driver on the way in, or they have them at guest services at the park as well.

The drop off and pick up point is at the smaller entrance, up near Apocalypse, rather than the main entrance at the other side of the park. It's all very easy and only takes about 10 minutes each way.

Using Google maps, looking at the bus you mentioned, you'd have to walk about 10 minutes from the train station to the bus station, then 15 minutes at the other end to get to the park.

I'd opt for the taxi, but if you want to save money, just use Google maps on your phone once you arrive at Tamworth station. I use it constantly and it's always been pretty accurate even in the arse end of China, so you'll be fine in Tamworth.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Hey thanks for that, we went a couple of weeks ago and that is exactly what we did. It's all in my trip report for Drayton Manor but the Taxi cost £7;30 each way from the rank right outside the station. The bus would of been about the same price anyway,