What's new

How Green are you

How green are you

• Eco-Mentalist: Completly obsessed with being as green as humanly possible - Doesn't drive/drives a G

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enviromentalist: Tries to lead as green a life as possible - Drives a Toyota Prius/other hybrid

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Financial-Enviromentalist - Tries to cut back on C02 for financial reasons - drives a very efficient

• Semi-Enviromentalist - Flicks off a light switch if it is left on - drives a normal car

• Interested - Cares about the enviroment, but not enough to make any real sacrifices/changes - drives

• Not interested - Meh. Nothing I can do about it. - drives a sporty hatchback

• Total voters

Tom

Hyper Poster
Blaze, you've written rather a lot for somebody who says they're:
not interested

:)

I'm partially interested (I don't go out of my way to be green or anything) but I agree with Crow about helping the current generation before future generations.

jayjay

Giga Poster
What I get annoyed about is the fact that the government seems to like rubbing global warming in our faces while never talking about the problem of fossil fuels and such being unsustainable. Seriously, in my opinion, the problems that could arise from that are huge - much bigger than global warming. There's nothing wrong with trying to reduce power for that reason.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
tks said:
Blaze said:
, and if we do stop producing CO2, all the trees will die, and with bo trees, we will die, so the people in charge don't actually know what they are on about. CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but we produce it naturally ourselves,

You have just taken over Stephen for the UTTER FAIL award.

Trees will die if we stop producing CO2? So how did they survive for hundreds of millions of years before Humans even came close to existing then?

I'm starting to think your IQ matches your real age.. And we're talking less than 10 here.
Um, trees need CO2 for photosynthesis.
If there is no CO2 then that can't happen, we get no oxygen and we will die. The whole issue has been over simplified and that has resulted in this pandemonia.

tks

Strata Poster
You missed the point entirely.

Trees will not die if we stop producing CO2. :roll: They have been around far longer than we have and had no problem surviving before (apart from the odd asteroid impact).

jayjay

Giga Poster
Remember also that CO2 is produced naturally in nature. Even if we stop producing CO2 through burning stuff, we're still breathing, which, like you said yourself earlier, produces CO2. Also, volcanic eruptions, biological decay and all manner of other natural processes all produce CO2.