What's new

Hot feet and water rides/detective work: Holiday World TR

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
This past Sunday, my brothers and I made our annual trip down to Santa Claus for a day of bonding. We arrived at the park at roughly 10:20 after a late start and longer drive than we had anticipated but the park was dead and we hardly had a wait all day. First off, we went ahead and hit the Voyage as it never has a line at park opening and can I say that it was hauling ass all day long. My number one woody had not failed to wake me up from a rough nights sleep as it was more intense and riding better than I had ever experienced it. Also I was able to see some of the construction which I'll bring up soon. After that great ride, we three brothers headed to Splashin' Safari for some water park action.

They had just redone the lockers and such in the water park so most everything was brand spanking new still after a year of use. Once the lockers were sorted out, we headed over to Mammoth, which provided some insane airtime. Hyena Falls were next and we were feeling the effects of not bringing sandals to wear in between rides because the concrete was on fire everywhere we went, hence the hot feet. Hyena Falls isn't much but I could've cared less about the slides as they had precious mud being moved around behind the complex.

I figured I'll get into this now, but those footers they have poured so far stretch insanely close to Hyena Falls. Like 6 feet from the edge and there are a ton already poured. There are also many in between the second and third camel backs on The Voyage. Thirdly, some sort of frame for a building has started to go up which easily looks like it is for something mechanical and not an event building. Lastly, there was a strang tarp covering a large object back by The Voyage's turnaround which I could not identify.

Once my investigative mind was shut off amd we left Hyena falls we hit the rest of the water park where not much else happened in the day. We continued to complain about our feet but that was short lived as we eventually got our clothes on and withstood a beating from The Legend. The Legend actually surprised me as it was less rough than previous years but still just as intense as ever. Once finished with that we got rerides on The Voyage and called it a day without riding the Raven :(.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Hot feet and water rides/detective work: Holiday World T

^How rough is The Legend? I've always thought it looks like an amazing wooden coaster, but it rarely gets a mention because of Voyage being at the same park

Intricks

Strata Poster

It is lateral heavy. All the turns are slightly underbanked, and it keeps it speed throughout pretty well.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

What Intricks said, it keeps it speed pretty fast the whole ride. The turns just shove you into the sides of your seat the entire second half completely ruining a great first half. That being said it was running better than it has in previous trips.