What's new

Hong Kong Disney | "BGM Runaway Mine Cars " | Mine Train

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Because the areas they do have are full of rides already?

It really doesn't lack rides compared to any of the other Disney parks when they opened - it just happens that we are now in a society where we can sit here and talk about it on the Internet so we actually notice it?

Oh right, its just your post at the top of page 2 made it sound like there wasn't much there, thats all.

There isn't. Go to the HKDL website and count the attractions. Subtract Toy Story Land if you want, or leave it, but you'll see that the number of attractions in the park at opening was pretty small.

Yes, DL opened smallish, but only because several of the attractions planned for opening day weren't ready yet.

All of the FL parks opened with all of the initial attractions operating, except EPCOT, which changed drastically from Walt's original intention for it.

Anyways.

How about Dizney trying to rip off Orphan Rocker? Anyone think they'll have even half the issues?

;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I had no idea that this thing was anywhere near ready, but there's now a POV from a staff preview:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwqcx-aGzN8[/youtube]

It looks like a lot of fun, and it's great to see a new take on the old Big Thunder Mountain idea. I'm not going to judge based on a POV, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this become a lot of people's favourite Disney mine train.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's hard to se from that video, but it looks SO much fun. It kind of seems a superior Everest. I LOVE the lift break section, the fact it literally just 'happens', instead of waiting for half an hour then falling back.

One of the more fun creations of this year for the whole family.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
That looks AWESOME...

Second on the lift breaking section, that is incredibly well done, works a lot better than Everest's seems to...

Martyn B

CF Legend
That does very look good indeed, and that reverse section starting like that will definitely put the **** up people, as it is so unexpected.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I didn't realise that was going to happen, watching the POV it really surprised me! :) Loving how the cable 'snaps' too, the smaller details make a ride for me... <3

This video shows the trains falling in daylight and offride during testing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztA1Ca6Ix4&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This really does look like a fab coaster. A very sprawling layout as well - it will be interesting to see how critics stack it up against Everest.

Ben

CF Legend
That looks AWESOME.

Between this and their Haunted Mansion and how nice the park is in general, amazing <3

That lift break is super cool. I LOVE it.

marc

CF Legend
Hong Kong Disney | "BGM Runaway Mine Cars " | Mine Train

Does look really good :)

Just pray they don't have to trim the backwards section like they did on everest.

Really need to get to this park.

peep

CF Legend
Umm, so I've just watched that POV. Disney are on a roll at the moment. Cars Land and now this? How do they do it? The bear animatronics look awesome and the coaster goes on for ages and that launch <3 So much awesome all in one ride.

I think Mystic Manor opens up next year too and that has a soundtrack by Danny Elfman <3

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, Mystic Manor is due to open next year. To be honest, that's what I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing.

Ethan

Strata Poster
That look's really fun! Kind of like Everest, but more family friendly. The backwards section seems slightly 'meh' but I hope i'm wrong. But still i'm sure it rides nicely...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here is a better daytime POV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r2CEowSi6M&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

One thing I noticed in the daylight is the fact that you see majority of the layout and track before you ride it, which removes some of the mystery of where the train is headed next. While Everest is obviously hidden in a mountain, this coaster is much more of a flat-lander, and really does seem to be a game of back-and-forth ping pong for the beginning of the ride. A good family coaster, but I don't know beyond that.

I still look forward to reviews, but the coaster still seems to lack a certain "umph" that would make it better than Everest.