What's new

Holding brake on NL

Jools

Giga Poster
SAW_gameover said:
Hey, Anybody got any idea of how I can make a proper holding brake on NL, not just a super slow chain. Thankss

You put a brake where the holding brake should be, and make tick the box which says "complete stop" (or whatever it is :lol:) and type in for how many seconds. Should work.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Yep have tried that, have tried pretty much everything, and it just doesnt seem to work, it just seems to brake in 'bursts' if that makes any sense. Thanks anyway :)

Jools

Giga Poster
SAW_gameover said:
Yep have tried that, have tried pretty much everything, and it just doesnt seem to work, it just seems to brake in 'bursts' if that makes any sense. Thanks anyway :)

Oh yes I know, have you made sure the deceleration G is strong enough?

Jools

Giga Poster
I think this may be something to do with the Hysteresis, mess about with that for a bit :lol:

A

Anonymous

Are you running the coaster in Shuttle mode? Then it won't work...

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
^Oh really? Thanks will take it out of shuttle mode. But is there another way of running the coaster in the simulator?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Yeah press 'c' before you go into sim, and then 'shift+c' after.

If your speed limit is very low, it could be that your coaster is falling and reaching speeds over the speed limit of the brake, before it has passed the end of the section, causing the brake to slow it down again.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved to the NoLimits Forum.

Please be sure to post in the right forums, that's why they are divided in the first place!