What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Snoo

The Legend
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

Once we see the lift hill ascend is when we will truly what the whole area will look like.

Josh73

Giga Poster

^ Yeah, I reckon that will make a huge difference, and it will really help us imagine the skyline and what it will look like once it is completed.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Josh73 said:
^ That was deep.

And...

Thom25: Who told you this? Was it a ride op?

I know exactly who told him, as the person has been posting it in the Facebook group, but seems to have stopped after our argument. He works for the company, and that is ALL I got from him. He isn't the dip 'n' dots guy, and he definitely isn't Kathy Burrows. I have no reason to believe him, and use basic logic and common sense when it comes to what type of restraint will be used.

Simply put, going down 200 feet and up 80, which is going to kill you less? Lap Bar or Modified OTSR?

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, Intamin would never do strong airtime with only a lap bar.

df1ae1v3800d85fp03l427.jpg

m6up03l410or1hno0058df.jpg

lo3i07a90hr20jkg00ah2v.jpg

Need I go on?

Intricks

Strata Poster

After the recent falling, yes, I dont believe they wouldnt do a lap bar only, regardless if the circumstances for the most recent one, and the first time it happened.

Need I go on?

Never rode a mega-lite, but I have a feeling they dont compare with the hyper coasters ejector....i could be wrong though.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ben

CF Legend

You would be more than wrong, so much more than wrong. They're stronger than most of the Hypers, so.

Also, you seem to have changed your reason for this not having lap bars?

Not to mention some of the woodies were after the first S:RoS accidents, I can't see the latest one, which was the fault of the operator not Intamin, would make a difference.

This won't have normal lap bars because it's a wing-rider not because they hurt with airtime... Ludicrous. I still think it'll have a fair bit in common with Blue Fire in the restraint department.

D1993

Hyper Poster

We just have to wait for trains to arrive at the park .... whenever that is going to be.
Construction seems slow enough I cant imagine the point yet when the trains are on the completed track and testing.
At least track and supports are finally starting to be installed ....

Thom25

Roller Poster

Joe, there are three (3) people on the facebook pages that work for the park and have connections and communication to upper management. They are convinced of lapbars for Skyrush and have changed the ride's description to reflect the lapbar information they were given.

They've also been told that all vertical construction will be complete by Christmas due to contractual obligations.

It's not worth bickering back and forth and we'll all find out very soon on all these issues.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Because people on Facebook are always correct :roll:

But serioulsly, we have no clue about them. They could (and most likely are) ride ops that just want attention. Can we all just agree that we have no clue about the restraint system to date and stop talking about it?

michaellll

Mega Poster

No, technically YOU don't have a clue about them. Thom is a respected member of the coaster community, and what he says should at least be treated with a bit more dignity than simply writing it off as misinformation.

It's not fair to cast Thom in such a negative light, and it's rather disrespectful to be honest.

Anyways, I certainly hope they can manage lapbars as that would be absolutely fantastic. And I look forward to seeing the next batch of construction pics!

Josh73

Giga Poster

I was referring to WE, everybody, but Thom25 may, but I'm not so sure about that. I mean if his only source is Facebook... If he tells me another source, great, that's awesome, but for now, I'm not convinced. I wasn't trying to put down Thom, or anyone for that matter, I was simply was stating my opinion, which was I don't think Facebook is a reliable source.

On another note, I don't really care about the restraints. I'm so small anyway, so I barely even notice the OSTRs anyway.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

The restraints are an important part of the ride...they shouldn't be thrown out of any topic on coasters. Lap bars are better for coasters with airtime and OSTRs are needed for coasters with inversions. I think the OSTRs would add a whole different feel to the coaster than a Lap Bar.

Josh73

Giga Poster

^ That is what I am saying. I'm so short I don't even notice the OSTRs so the airtime is equal.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Since I seemed to have started up all this damn drivel, let me be clear:

I take all form of information from ANYONE that isn't apart of the park (that I know of) as complete hot air. Where are the other 2 people? I've only seen Mr. Harris put it up, and I've argued as such with him. I can just as easily state that I was in cahoots with the whole project (which I wasn't) and make up false info as needed. Until Kathy Burrows, or Hersheypark, come out and say "The restraint system for Skyrush is as follows" and gives specs, renders and an actual picture, then everything they say to me is complete hot air. If you want to continue this discussion Thom, then message me either here or on facebook.

I'm not an optimistic person, as that usually entails a **** ton of "I am disappoint", which REALLY puts a damper on all new rides that I get onto. I am open to both options, but I still see them going for the OTSR for the extra guarantee of visual safety. And I will state this, if Mr. Harris is so sure, then he should be allowed to release the renderings of the ride, cause as he put it: "There is no more need for secrecy for Skyrush, all details have been release". No released renderings = him blowing hot air. Hate me for my opinion or not, it is how I feel for the subject.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Id probably agree with Intricks there.
Unless I see official news released from the park, I just treat it as a rumor.

And just for the record, insane intamin airtime with just a lap bar ...... is the most insane thing in this world. Haha.
El Toro Back Row, First Drop = :O

I hope this is just lap bars (or some variation of how Blue Fire's restraints work), as in the back row, the airtime on the first drop would be incredibly sweet.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

I personally believe that it will be some version of an "Over the shoulder lap bar" Look to Cedar Point's Shoot the Rapids for what I am thinking of. I am saying this because this ride does not seem seem to have any of the high-speed transitions that I-305/Maverick had which is a major reason for those two rides having OTSRs. If it does have OTSR though it would probably be either a fabric I-305 style or rubberish Cheetah Hunt style restraint.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

CPcisco said:
it would probably be either a fabric I-305 style or rubberish Cheetah Hunt style restraint.

Is there a difference between the two?

CPcisco

Mega Poster

^ I-305 uses cloth straps, whereas Cheetah Hunt has a soft rubber on the over-shoulder portion as opposed to older Intamin OTSRs that has a thin rubber over a metal sheet. I was just saying this to say that it would not have "Maverick style" OTSRs, but the newer version that Cheetah Hunt has.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

I think ALL Intamins need the softer restraints, because as it's Intamin, chances are your head will hit the OTSR multiple times throughout the ride, and with the harder restraints it's bloody horrible at the end of the ride.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

TP Rich said:
I think ALL Intamins need the softer restraints, because as it's Intamin, chances are your head will hit the OTSR multiple times throughout the ride, and with the harder restraints it's bloody horrible at the end of the ride.
Intamin make some of the smoothest rides in the world, so I find it very rich that you can say that they are all rough and bumpy.