What's new

Heide Park

spicy

Giga Poster
Really? I think the floorless standing on Hurakan was more intense as was the standing on Apocalypse but thats just me.

As a seated drop tower its the best I have ridden definately.

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm back after my weekend at Heide Park! :--D It turned out really good and I wanna thank you guys for the help once more! And as a favour here is a small trip report:

We travelled with ferry and train from Sweden, which was the cheapest way to go (I'm a poor student :p). The trains in Germany are quite comfortable and easy to travel with. On our way home we got some problems though because public transport in Germany apparently ain't running that good on sundays.. Another thing to take into consideration is that the distance from the train station to the park is a lot further irl than googlemaps suggests.. Conclusion: if you have a car, go with it! If you don't it's quite possible and somewhat cheap to go by train. :wink:

We stayed at 'Heide Park Holiday camp' which was taken good care of, just like the rest of the resort! But there were some things to complain about: none of the receptionists spoke english very good (so it's recommended you at least know some words in german), the breakfast was limited (no buffet) and the rooms had poor (noice) isolation. But overall good standard (and nothing beats the morningview of Scream :--D).

The park itself was tidy and had a good amount of theming! Altough the theming somtimes made no sense, like the big lake with the capitolium on one side, the statue of liberty in the middle and the mayan country on the other side, AND with a pirate ship between them as well :? but I guess all theming is good theming! :lol: The wheater were good on both the saturday and the sunday, no rain and almost 10 degrees celius. The negative were that all the coasters only run one train resulting in Colossos, Desert Race, Swiss Bobbahn and Limit had approximately one hour cues although late in the season. But on the second day almost everything was walk-on. :)

What about the rides then? There where a good mixture of rides with the two obvious toppers Colossos and Scream, but quite a wide range of other fun rides to back them up! Obviously we didn't go on any of the water rides, but I'll list all other rides worthy mentioning down below, and a couple of rows with my personal opinions of them!

Colossos: superior first drop and amazing airtime on the following hills! Very smooth and comfortable coaster as well. It loses some pacing towards the end and it's a quite dull layout but altogether an astonishing coaster that everybody has to ride! The front seats are btw the best and delivers the most amount of airtime.

Desert Race: a better version of Rita in my opinion. It's closer to the ground making it feel a lot faster! Only going inches above the roof of the service building at some places makes for an incredible sensation of speed. All in all I thought it felt like it had more power and speed than Rita, and it was smoother too. Not to forget that it was excellently themed (which Rita ain't), a great coaster imo!

Limit: my first SLC, I was prepared for a rough ride but got positively surprised! It was indeed rough at some places but the spacious and comfortable restraints made up for that (otherwise, eg on B&Ms, I usually have to have my back bent). A forceful ride with some fun elements like the up-side-down headchopper!

Big Loop: another Vekoma and another positive surprise! Very smooth, very forceful and short as hell! :p But a fun ride! The setting over the lake is also very beautiful. A fun anecdote was that the OTSR was placed so low that I couldn't put them down, they were standing 90 degrees straight out, but the ride ops let me ride it anyways :lol: I'm glad I survived!

Grotto Blitz: nice powered coaster with a nice indoor section, but nothing special. Only rode it once..

Scream: awesome ride! Totally awesome!! :--D I'm really not sure wheter Scream or Colossos is the best attraction at the park.. The drop is VERY forceful and is guaranteed to make your adrenaline pump! The gyro feature gives a nice panorama view of the landscape, nice theming as well and very fun with the wind the ride creates while standing in the cue! This is by far the best drop tower I've ridden, it mashes rides like Hurakan Condor..

Swiss Bobbahn: Well themed and long layout but I only rode it twice, partly hence it got a long cue and partly because it was very rough.

In summary it was a fun to trip to a great park! I definitely will go back in the future and recommend those who yet haven't visited the park to do so. Scream and Colossos will not dissapoint! Other than that I'm curious of the rumor of Heide getting a giga/hyper coaster. Is there any substance in that rumor? They obviously have lots of space behind Colossos/Desert Race to build a giant coaster.. Feel free to comment on the trip, the rumoured giga or whatever you want! :p Cheers! cool)