What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: Heide Park 2014

Oh my gosh, I hope it's a flyer! That world be awesome, I love seeing new B&M flyers pop up!

Brett7710

Mega Poster

If this turns out to be correct it will be very interesting to see the plans, it's quite a large plot but the steep hill in the centre will hopefully have forced a clever and unique layout.

I'm still suprised that they closed Wasserbahn 2, on my visit early last year they opened number 1 during the morning and 2 for the afternoon, it was the longest queue at the park. The ride was pretty good too and the drop and its surroundings were picturesque, the only downside was having to queue underground on a long set of concrete steps.

The park still have plenty of room to build inbetween Colossos and Desert Race, I was under the impression that the statue of liberty had been taken down to add to theming in the development of that area. I'm very intrigued as to what caused the decision to replace one of the parks better rides when they have seemingly easier options.

andrus

Giga Poster

Brett7710 said:
I'm still suprised that they closed Wasserbahn 2, on my visit early last year they opened number 1 during the morning and 2 for the afternoon, it was the longest queue at the park. The ride was pretty good too and the drop and its surroundings were picturesque, the only downside was having to queue underground on a long set of concrete steps.
Exactly, that's my point of view too! I can't understand why they chose to close Wildwasserbahn II? :? It is, like you stated, a very popular ride and imo one of the better flumes out there!

I'm very pleased with the decision of a B&M flyer though, if it turns out to be true. I read somewhere that the next step in the development of the park is to enhance the theming of the different areas in the park. So to put in a vampire-ish flyer in the area will definitely help with the, to date almost non existing, Transylvanian theme!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

To be fair, the park doesn't really have any themed areas at all...

Putting flags up by lots of rides does not make the area Pirate themed...

Brett7710

Mega Poster

^ Dont forget about the Dracula statue in Big Loop's otherwise generic station! :p

index.php

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Thank you.

Also, i really hope that concept art is true. But it would make sense, the theming on the artwork fits the Transylvanian theming in that area, and there is bats on that concept art as well as there was bats on the sign that popped up in the park some time ago. Heide Park could've made a double-deal with B&M here.

There is also a pretty large area behind Limit, Schweizer Bobbahn and Scream, could the new coaster be going both there, and at the old flumes location?

Look at this picture.

Attachments

• 55q00o1nirpmb4h23h3h60.jpg
    55q00o1nirpmb4h23h3h60.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 153

Brett7710

Mega Poster

^ I dont think it will, if the coaster does turn out out to be a flyer then the wasserbahn 2 plot will be big enough on its own. I'm not sure whether or not the park own all the land behind Bobbahn and Scream, but either way I can't see them using it for a long time.

Lofty

CF Legend

Hmm, I wonder if that is real or not. The thing is, if someone has gone to that much effort to get a VERY high quality image together, they have far too much time on their hands..

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Or their just very enthusiastic?

If this was by a fan, you're making it sound negative that some graphical skilled guy has taken his time making this awesome looking artwork.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Who's FB did it appear on? If it was the park's official page, posted by the park... that must help the credability of it?

Josh73

Giga Poster

In the concept art it shows it diving into a waterfall, so maybe a portion of the coaster will be over the water?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Martyn B said:
Who's FB did it appear on? If it was the park's official page, posted by the park... that must help the credability of it?

It appeared on Heide Park World's FB page, a fansite for the Park.

Okay, so I just found out that the concept art is actually a couple of years old, and is actually a artwork for a proposed coaster at Efteling!

Lofty

CF Legend

^ That's a shame, I don't think this coaster will be a flyer to be totally honest, I've got a feeling it could be a Hyper or even a Hyper/Giga like Leviathan.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The park actually already has permit to build a Giga from Intamin behind Schweizer Bobbahn and Limit.
At first the park had a permit to build it inside Colossos, but complains from nearby residents made them move it to the current spot, and Desert Race was built there instead.

The plans for this were scrapped when the park was bought up, and I could not imagine that Merlin would want to put in this kind of money into the park, but the permit is probably still there.

But imagine I305 and Colossos in the same park :shock:

Lofty

CF Legend

^ I remember seeing something to do with I-305 hence my comment about a Giga. Does anyone know where this is going to be situated? I'm not reading through the topic to find it.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

That would be epic. I think theres a good chance that if the permit is already in place they will build a giga at some point to take the Europe's tallest title. If they can only do it using the land at the back of the park then I don't think it will be anytime soon, especially if the rumours are correct and the park are planning to reinforce the existing themes. By the time they've acheived that the 'Europes tallest' title may be a different target to what it is now.

andrus

Giga Poster

Screamscape said:
The new coaster coming to Heide Park in 2014 is now expected to be a B&M Wing Coaster after an environmental impact study was briefly leaked online before being taken down again according to the comments at Heide-Park Forum. Meanwhile CoastersAndMore says it will be roughly the same basic size and scale as Gardaland’s Raptor which makes sense because Merlin was involved with both it and Swarm.
Obviously a giga sounds better, but a wing rider doesn't sound too bad either! :)