What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

When they said they were going to use the clearance to its fullest effect I had no idea that they'd dig ditches in low points. This ride is going to be some kind of freaky when it opens.

EthC

Mega Poster

1385601_241879475966563_415406368_n.jpg

These are supposidly Heide park's new wing coaster train design, identical to The Swarm but black with brownish fangs!

found it on coasterfriends.de version of this topic on their website.
http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/4108 ... k-131.html

Casio

Mega Poster

I've only just realised how much that looks like Predator...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Ahhh, I was excited to see the train, really disappointed, not that the design is bad, but the way they have nothing unique about them.

the king

Mega Poster

Those little fang things on the side, where Swarm has machine guns, reminds me of headcrabs from Half-Life 2. At first I was disappointed by the train design since it is the same with some differences, as the swarms. A bat creature of some sorts would have been nice.

Darren B

Giga Poster

What we need to remember is that 95%+ of the people who will be riding this Wing Coaster will have never ridden The Swarm, and of those who have, even less will notice that the design on the trains are similar. You've got to expect designs and ideas to be recycled from park to park, especially if it's located in a different county.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^Still... Id much rather it be unique even if the general public knew nothing about The Swarm.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

owenrita121 said:
^Still... Id much rather it be unique even if the general public knew nothing about The Swarm.

Rip it out and put in a Big apple instead... Oh, wait... ;)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Wow! Unless the park is planning on opening earlier than usual this ride will be extremely well themed if they are testing this early! Cant wait for this to open!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ That's not how it works. Surely testing without future theming in place would be pointless...

Intricks

Strata Poster

So I guess Swarm receiving a new close encounter a year after it opened is normal?

Or the Bizarros getting theme stuff during a re-theme has never happened as well?

How about Krake?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Ethan said:
^ That's not how it works. Surely testing without future theming in place would be pointless...

Quite possibly the most uninformed post you've made today.

Many if not most coasters test the mechanicals before theming is complete. Testing isn't just about clearance envelopes. In fact, since B&M's are virtually NEVER pull tested, test runs on Beemers have absolutely NOTHING to do with clearance envelopes.

Ethan

Strata Poster

rollermonkey said:
Ethan said:

Thanks for the correction, but no need for the cocky comment. Especially as pretty much the only other post I've made to today is about my mental health?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ethan said:
rollermonkey said:
Ethan said:

Thanks for the correction, but no need for the cocky comment. Especially as pretty much the only other post I've made to today is about my mental health?
I think it was a figure of speech. Don't get too worked up about it.