What's new

Have you seen somebody famous at a theme park?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I get to cheat since apart of my job was directing the famous people in my time working at CP.

I have seen numerous basketball stars from the Dtroit Pistons and Cleveland Cavaliers, the Saudi Arabian Princes and Princesses, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, and Phil Dawson (Placekicker for the Cleveland Browns).

At Dollywood last year, I was also able to see Dolly Parton during the opening day parade. It felt more like Tales of the Crypt Keeper.

thx

Mega Poster
Haven't really seen anyone, Jorma Lillbacka the owner and main financial force behind PowerPark would be the closest, seeing as he was the 49th in the 50 richest persons in Finland list, 4 years ago lol.

s15c

Mega Poster
I once saw the filming of a television show at Knott's. They said it was a game show that took place on roller coasters. Not really a famous person, but I guess this counts for something.

Nic

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Nic said:
Only one I think I've really seen is Geri 'Ginger Spice' Halliwell being led up the Nemesis Inferno exit as we were walking off it. Walked straight past her on those narrow stairs.
Did both of you manage to get your enormous boobs past each other, or did you get stuck and they had to release you both with loads of baby oil?

Lol, No... but I bet you're still going to be imagining it anyway. Dirty boy :p

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
We saw Jade Goody and her husband/boyfriend queuing for Rita years ago.

Also saw John Parrot on the rapids at Alton too, and Mr Ross on Th13teens opening day much like many others.

Danny Dyer was queuing for that little boat ride at Legoland, presumably with some kids.

Oh! We saw Whoopi Goldberg at EPCOT perform the Candlelit procession thing. She was amazing.

I think that's everyone? Not that impressive I'm afraid.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I remember queueing in the priority entrance to Nemesis at Alton Towers a few years ago. There was a load of screaming girls with their phones out pointing at me in happiness and shock. Nothing suprising... :lol:

Then I realised this chav in front dressed up in all grey joggers, hoody and Nike's, even an eyebrow piercing. And it was that Eoghan Quigg (Egg-on-toast as Harry Hill says) from X Factor! I couldn't believe how much he's changed. :shock:

I'm sure I've seen a few others, but it never occurrs to me. I saw some famous Spanish celebrity, no idea who she was, in Portaventura having a photo shoot by the lake in the first area of the park.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, I've got a couple to add to this list. :wink:

All at Paultons Park for the Peppa Pig World media days...

- Natalie Cassidy - Sonya in EastEnders.
- Tina O'Brien - Sarah in Corrie.
- Samantha Janus/Womak - Another EastEnders actress.
- The woman who plays/played (don't watch it anymore) Janine in EastEnders.
- The woman who plays/played Roxy in EastEnders.
- Mel C from the Spice Girls. (I actually spoke to her.)

I didn't get any photos because they were enjoying their day out and it would have been unfair to interrupt their day.

nealbie

CF Legend
Not to mention that they'd have been beyond starstruck to have been invited for a photograph with IAN FROM COASTERFORCE!!! ;)

Will

Strata Poster
ryan462 said:
At the Alton Towers hotel I met the cast from Skins who were just walking around, happy to talk to fans...
Yeah, and I still haven't forgiven the pair of you for that... I could have made the whole stalking thing lots easier for myself that day :(

As for people I actually have seen, Miranda Hart was at Chessington on Saturday. I didn't get any photos because she's annoying and I didn't want to interrupt my day :p I'm sure there must have been others at some point, but I can't remember them off hand - so presumably nobody very exciting!

Nic

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Ok, I've got a couple to add to this list. :wink:

All at Paultons Park for the Peppa Pig World media days...

- Natalie Cassidy - Sonya in EastEnders.
- Tina O'Brien - Sarah in Corrie.
This. Apparently Natasha Kaplinsky did turn up later in the day (someone tweeted to say they saw her.) Cerys Matthews was apparently also there on Sat (she tweeted to say she was on her way there) Did you not see her?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, we didn't see her.

I was chatting to one of the management staff outside the park about lunchtime and apparently David Baddiel had just nipped in the loo.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
There's a short story behind mine.

In 2003, I went to the Disneyland Resort. During my time there, all the local news talked about was how this guy named Dog the Bounty Hunter caught this guy in Mexico. My family joked about it a lot since it was all the news ever talked about. Shortly after this, he got his TV show (which is pretty terrible, IMO). Of course as luck would have it, in my very next trip to Disneyland in 2005, there he was with his family at the train station.

I also saw Gary Sinese do the Candlelight Processional if that counts.

jokerman

Giga Poster
The girl who served me at the fish and chips at Chessington on Saturday seemed rather excited at just having seen Peter Andre on the monorail. I wasn't at all interested, but she kept going on about it.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Not really in a theme park, but onsite at Disneyworld..

I was in florida in 2008, and there was some sort of 'Disney Games' event going on. Anyways Miley Cyrus was staying at the same hotel as me, The Animal Kingdom lodge. She even walked past me once surrounded by castmembers. I didn't realise it was her until moments after she'd passed.

I also saw Rihanna in Universal studios on the same holiday, although she was on stage doing a soundcheck for Mardi Gras I think. There was a bunch of security guards banning everyone from taking photos.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Saw a couple at Towers on Saturday:

-Michael Le Vell (Kevin from Corrie)
-Twist and Pulse (Britain's Got Talent)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Anyone remember that annoying George Sampson kid? yeah - he was at Alton the day i went and must've passed me many times as I was just whoring Nemesis most of the day and he went on that a few times. Only found out he was there when I got back and people were saying he was there and I looked on youtube of vidoes of him coming off Nemesis...

Didn't spot him though, he may have passed me.