Chickened out?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rush

Giga Poster
I used to be terrified of coasters until about 2004 when I just decided that I would conqeur my fear and so we went to Thorpe Park and at first I chickened out on Colossus and then I just rode it later in the day and I loved it, so after that I thought I could do any ride.

However I chickened out on Slammer when it first opened.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I have never chickened out.
Nothing scares me and nothing ever has.
Although, sometimes my stomach can't handle a certain spinning ride *Samuria* so I stay clear of it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've never chickened out of a roller coaster, almost bottled out of Journey to Atlantis when I was like 12.

Drop towers still get me. I don't mid being blasted from the bottom, I just can't do dropping. I did Detonator this year and HATED it. I also go on ToT but that's about it.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Since my interest in theme parks/roller coasters started, I have never chickened out of riding a ride through fear.

However if I know or think that a ride will make me sick, I tend not to ride it. But I very rarely think that.

There are two rides/attractions that I would ride, but I'd be scared out of my mind, and those are Dodonpa and Summit Plummet.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Up until the last 5 years I had a really big fear of big tall rides as I was really afraid of heights, until I rode Colossus in its first season I would be the bag lady, but one by one I decided to try and found that it wasn't that bad, 2004 was the turning point by doing Oblivion and loving it. Since then my fears were better and with Stealth I finally think it was a done deal. My final challenge was PMBO this year and I actually kept going back around just to take in the view, well and the first drop.

So yes I used to chicken out but now total convert. Slammer is the only one now and I will try it this season. Well I think I will anyway :wink:

Cedar Point will proved it by far with those(lovable) monsters they have over there. 400ft hear I come!!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I've never chickend out of anything, I always wanna ride, anything!

But I do get scared once on the ride, First time on PMBO, I was on my own and on the lift I was like bricking myself. That was also my tallest ride back then, was so scary, but i loved it!

I've never chickened out of a roller coaster, almost bottled out of Journey to Atlantis when I was like 12.

Haha, I almost did when I was eight, but I went on it. I remember bawling throughout the entire ride though, and I have a video of me crying even after the ride was over, yelling at my dad who was laughing at me.

And Snoo, don't act like you weren't scared of Jr. Gemini. You were practically ****ting yourself.

I'm pretty sure the last thing I ever chickened out of was Steel Venom, in 2004, and that was only because that year I wouldn't go on anything launched. Draggy got me over launches the next year though, but going to Cedar Point was scary because the biggest coaster I had seen prior was half the height of the biggest things there, but surprisingly the only thing I cried on was Dragster :p .

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Hell yes!

I used to be SO afraid of coaster when I was younger... like I really liked them and how awesome they looked but didn't have the guts to join lines... and if I ever did, I left the line...

It happened to me on Stampida. I had ridden Tomahawk all day long (like 21 times or something like this) and when I finally was about to board the train, I chickened out...

Same with old Boomerang at Parc d'Atraccions de Montjuic. I had been riding the Wildcat but when I reached Boomerang I thought it was too much for me... Shame the park closed 2 years after and the Boomerang was rebuilt at SFNO (RIP XD).

Ah yes, and I have chickened out plenty of funfair flats.

It all changed when I rode DK for the first time (I was 12). Ever since I have ridden anything without fear.

Tom

Hyper Poster
I don't think I have ever chickened out of any ride ever.

I almost chickened out of Rush the first time I did it, but in the end I did go on.

Jools

Giga Poster
Corkscrew was my first inverting ride, and i cried, and almost went, but then i loved it!

I was also quite little when i chickened out to go on Ramesis Revenge at Chessington.

I was about 9 when i chickened out to go on apocalypse at Drayton Manor.

And finally my first major inverting ride was shockwave at drayton manor and i shook like mad (no wonder they call it shockwave, shakewave more like, lol)

David

Mega Poster
I used to be **** scared of drop towers and always refused to ride them. I plucked up the courage to go on Detonator and thought it was great, and now drop towers are my favourite kind of thrill ride.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
Not a roller coaster, but when I went to DCA when I was like, 7, I chickened out on the Sun Wheel. I wouldn't go on it! I was rather afraid of heights at the time.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I don't think so, I tried to chicken out of Dragon Khan years ago but my sister wouldn't let me so I just stayed and waited in line.

I can't remember anything else, the only time I have left the que for a ride is if it's to long or if the ride breaks down.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've never chickened out of a ride as such but I did delay my first go on Oblivion. It was my first visit to Alton Towers in 2003 and when I first saw it I didn't like the look of it and my friend went on it by herself!

The following day we returned and I plucked up the courage to go on it and after that first go, I loved it!

Now I'll go on anything :D

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Never chickened out,but I have hesitated on a few occasions.

It took me about an hour to pluck up the courage to get on Millennium Force,and before I could do Oblivion,I smoked three ciggies in a row.

I just know that if I didn't ride something,I'd spend the journey home thinking,"Why the hell didn't I do it".

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Not a rollercoaster but I chicked out of Pirates of the Caribbean in Paris when I was 11. I can get pretty claustrophobic and it was the indoor queue line that caused me to have a panic attack.
Went on it when I was 14 and nearly had one again in the queue as it was even more crowded but I managed to get through to the big open bit where you load so I was fine after that.

I never chicken out once I'm in the queue though I haven't gone into the queue line before a few times.

youthink?

Roller Poster
I used to be scared of almost any kind of thrill ride until about the summer of '06 when I went on Screaming Eagle and the Boss at Six Flags St. Louis. Now it's funny because I look back and think "Why was I so scared of a ride?" Although waiting in line for TTD did make me nervous! Millennium Force didn't scare me in the slightest however, weird.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've sometimes put off riding a coaster for a few minutes, but most of the time I get straight on. I know that however nervous I might be, I will enjoy the ride once it has started.

Millennium Force didn't scare me in the slightest however, weird.

Millennium Force still scares me ****less for some reason. Not really the drop though, I just find the lift really intimidating, seeing the lake right beside you and stuff. I've always found it pretty scary, and it's weird because I'm not scared of heights. Nitro's lift really scared me too, for some reason, whereas Magnum's doesn't. I guess it just all depends.

I've sometimes put off riding a coaster for a few minutes, but most of the time I get straight on. I know that however nervous I might be, I will enjoy the ride once it has started.

I remember my first trip back to Cedar Point in 2005, and I hadn't been there for many years prior, so I had no idea how big and stuff everything was. And also, I was petrified of launches (I guess you could say launches traumatized me after Rock n' Roller Coaster), so I didn't want to go on Dragster. I knew I had to go on it eventually, but I kept putting it off. We rode Millie first, and after that we were meant to ride Dragster, but every ride we passed on the way over to the line, I told my dad I wanted to ride it, just to waste time.

Eventually I got on it though, and obviously it was awesome :p .