What's new

Have you been on a Go Gator as an adult?

Have you been on a Go Gator as an adult?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You'll have to excuse me, I'm going through the old park guides on Cf and occasionally a topic springs to mind.

As we know, Go Gators are usually strictly for children and it's very rare for a park to allow an adult to ride one.

Have you ever been on a Go Gator in your adulthood? I'm not interested if you have when you were an infant, only an adult.

I've done the one at FL when it was quiet. I had to beg the ride op though.

Go Gator facts: 22 have been built over the years. Only 12 remain in operation today, most of them in the UK!

Ollie

CF Legend
At the FL Live a couple of years ago we had split up for lunch and I found that Stone Cold and Harvey went on it after begging the ride op. So Leighton went over with me and I did the same and first he kept saying no but then when it seemed he was about to say yes the shifts swapped so we a new member of staff to beg. After about 10 minutes of standing there and talking I was allowed on. :p
It took three attempts to get it over the first hill as it kept rolling back but I got a credit that even Tom (Shockwave) doesn't have. :p

Snoo

The Legend
Nope.. only been to two parks which even have them and one was closed. I have been on a kiddie though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope. To be honest, I don't really see the point. I'd much rather put my time and effort into riding better coasters. Getting credits like that seems kinda pointless to me.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
At the FL Live a couple of years ago we had split up for lunch and I found that Stone Cold and Harvey went on it after begging the ride op. So Leighton went over with me and I did the same and first he kept saying no but then when it seemed he was about to say yes the shifts swapped so we a new member of staff to beg. After about 10 minutes of standing there and talking I was allowed on. :p
It took three attempts to get it over the first hill as it kept rolling back but I got a credit that even Tom (Shockwave) doesn't have. :p

A the same Live before anybody else, myself, Brad, Ryan, Martyn and Peter all went to the ride op and he kindly let us on for one lap per person, one or two of us per train. Like Ollie stated, we made it roll back numerous times, but it was very fun.

Here, have a picture:

9029_279351545318_752170318_9015781_1561769_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Yes. Sadly. I have. Not at a park though, at a trashy local fair. I don't think it's as bad though, I was slightly intoxicated?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
At a fair in Reading, yeah. I was just excited to see a coaster in my home town. Fairs that come here never have anything so even a Go Gator what a treat! I won't be riding any more.

Martyn B

CF Legend
There are only 12?! Seems like there's a lot more than that!

And yup, I've riddent three, Wroxham Barns, Mingo and Pleasure Island.

I was forced to, on all 3....promise.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Only one. At Dunsfold Wings and Wheels (Top Gear location). Passing the time waiting for the show to start last year... I don't want to go through the horror of getting on one of these again tbh. Seemed like a good idea at the time though.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Last time I went on one, I was 11 I went on the one at FL and I was too big so had sit on the back of the car so with that won't ride one in adulthood.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm assuming the "only 12" are the permanent ones if that number is coming from RCDB. I imagine there are loads more travelling ones as well.

Ben

CF Legend
Quite a few yeah...

Vadge on the one on that pier <3

And Gavin, you were pleading for the one at Flamingoland just as much as we were...

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Vadge on the one on that pier <3

5932_126916862844_655017844_3207635_6655993_n.jpg

It was on Teignmouth Pier. I got my arse stuck, and couldn't get out. Stone Cold stood and laughed. Ben and Jake ran away.

5932_126916877844_655017844_3207638_7957678_n.jpg

5932_126916882844_655017844_3207639_6976318_n.jpg

5932_126916892844_655017844_3207641_7664085_n.jpg

Hahahaha!

I've also been on the one at Southport. But they've got bigger cars, so its ok. There's a photo of me on it somewhere.... but I don't know where. Spite.

I love how neither ride op cared. When asked "Can we go on it?" the one at Teignmouth replied "If it's working". The one at Southport just gave me a funny look.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ben said:
Gavin, you were pleading for the one at Flamingoland just as much as we were...

See, I remember it as me standing well back on both occassions of said begging, refusing to have anything to do with it and promising not to say anything about your desperate, yet ultimately futile, imploring.

Jake

Strata Poster
Haha!

There are definately more than 12 because that figure only counts ones at parks. Also, the RCDB search is quite selective because it only includes the Wisdom Rides models, when now there are wider-bodied variations by different companies like this:

b30i7g00062f5qhak20sf7.jpg

http://rcdb.com/9152.htm?p=29159

Which i've also got, and would consider a Go-Gator still.

I've done at least 10, all of which were ridden in adulthood!