What's new

Happy Valley Nanjing | Nanjing China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
First coaster at the park is going up. No surprises its an old Happy Valley staple with a Golden Horse Mine Train.
Nanjingmine1.jpg
Nanjingmine2.jpg
http://www.guoshanchemi.club/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=953&extra=page=1
With coasters already going in it makes me wonder if the really cool blue B&M wing track at the plant is for this park
BM-Track-Plant-Clermont-Steel-Fabricators-025.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Interesting note in the latest edition of First Drop about the Intamin launched coaster here
"The design is similar to Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa, It is a mirror image and contains changes to the station approach and block brake area"
So looks like we will be seeing a near CH clone popping up soon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's curious - I always thought Cheetah Hunt was a more of custom layout specifically tailored to the BGT landscaping. Surprised they wouldn't clone something like Maverick, which sits on a much more regular piece of land. Interesting...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Amusingly there is a bit talking to the president of GCI in the same magazine. It mentions a Chinese park was very interested in Wicker Man. When GCI pointed out that the ride was built for Alton Towers' landscape the park said they would "create the same terrain for the ride if they needed to". Perhaps its a similar thing here. The changes to the ending of Cheetah hunt mentioned above do make a bit of sense as the rides weird block brake and transfer track setup is very much a result of its tight station location which wouldnt be a problem here.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Amusingly there is a bit talking to the president of GCI in the same magazine. It mentions a Chinese park was very interested in Wicker Man. When GCI pointed out that the ride was built for Alton Towers' landscape the park said they would "create the same terrain for the ride if they needed to". Perhaps its a similar thing here. The changes to the ending of Cheetah hunt mentioned above do make a bit of sense as the rides weird block brake and transfer track setup is very much a result of its tight station location which wouldnt be a problem here.
That's great and all but is it only me or why am I so sad about the fact that these original coasters might be cloned?
I really think Cheetah Hunt wouldn't fit well considering how it does use the terrain a fair bit. Also they would ruin the best part of the ride, where you are doing those low bank turn in the valley right next to the water.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's great and all but is it only me or why am I so sad about the fact that these original coasters might be cloned?
You forget: Original =/= Good. :p

Given their reported attitude towards the landscaping for Wickerman, I might imagine they would build themselves a water feature.

These are so far removed from the rides in Florida/Alton that it hardly matters they're cloned, I'd say. Smart business move, if it saves you development costs, really.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In other news the B&M wing coaster has gone vertical. Confirming the really lovely blue track seen at the plant last year is for this park.
BMNAN.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Holy :emoji_poop: I am absolutely pissing myself laughing. Cheetah Hunt and Wickerman in the same park. What a disaster
Just to clarify theres no mention of a park for the Wicker Man thing. Just says a Chinese park. Was just using it as a comparison for the CH location thing.

As for CH I dont really get the hate for the ride personally. I love CH and its easily the best ride in its class in Florida. Sure for us enthusiasts its nowhere as good as Montu, Kumba and many others in Florida but have you ever been to Florida with kids? I went with my 8 year old niece in 2017 and with so many B&Ms in Florida with 1.4m limits there is almost nothing thrilling coaster wise she could ride especially outside Disney.

Sea World has nothing, Universal has Rip Ride Rocket and Busch has Scorpion, Cobras Curse and Cheetah Hunt.
Disney has Everest and arguably Space Mountain but i wouldn't put that in the same class. AND of all those only Scorpion and CH even invert.
Out of those rides CH for me is clearly the winner and untill either Potter, Jurassic Taron, Guardians or SW launcher open to take its crown it is easily the best thrill coaster for younger riders in the state. Sure its not got everything us enthusiasts want but thats a really blinkered view.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
As Pear says that whole corkscrew into zero-G section seems a little different. The zero-G looks flatter than the Chongqing version and looking at the Chongqing picture the coaster looks to go straight from the corkscrew up into the Zero-G. In the new one it appears the corkscrew has a flattened exit with a slight curve in it before it heads up into the Zero-G.

This could be a perspective thing and the changes are only minor but we know they made a change with the roll direction on the drop so entirely possible they've tweaked it elsewhere for the new site.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I feel like we've said this before (I wonder if it was this thread, even?), but I find the concept on cloning a terrain coaster quite abstract.

Like, cloning a ride that essentially sits on flat ground is one thing, but a ride thats very form was dictated by the landscape and other rides in the area? Interesting choice.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Double post, but bite me:
That's curious - I always thought Cheetah Hunt was a more of custom layout specifically tailored to the BGT landscaping. Surprised they wouldn't clone something like Maverick, which sits on a much more regular piece of land. Interesting...
See, I did say that. Back in January this year. Awful memory...

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That wing coaster is chock full of birth defects. It looks like they went to B&M and asked for the same layout as the Chongqing model, just 40ft shorter but takes up the same amount of land. Bizarre how drawn out the ending bits are.

And don't even get me started on the Cheetah Hunt mirror :emoji_laughing:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
While it is a little odd cloning a terrain coaster from another park the advantage Happy Valley has here is as its a brand new park. Looking at the concept art they've been able to tailor the terrain to the coaster rather than the other way round. The entrance area has clearly been designed around the coaster

Don't get me wrong it's an odd choice but it will fit better here than say if they just dumped one into a pre existing park.