What's new

Hades Fails

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Well, it happened to Hades now. The hill right out of the first tunnel it didn't make it over and just stopped. Now I was curious when this would happen cause riding it myself it didn't have much speed going over that hill. The most ridiculous thing though is how the unloading of the passengers is. It looks like they just opened the restraints and just said "go" and people were walking every direction with no order. Though it looks like that was going on, that's not another surprise to me cause that park was not too big into rules, regulations, or safety when I was there. But it was bound to happen eventually and a man caught it on video as it was coming out of the tunnel and getting stopped which I think is almost as rare as it stopping.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-z73_WmHw[/youtube]
Getting Stuck

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AyK0cFsgMI&feature=related[/youtube]
Unloading

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can I just point out how stupid that guy sounds? He sound's like a cretin.

As for Hades getting stuck, as you said, it was bound to happen anyway. How obviously I haven't actually ridden it, but doesn't it normally keep quite a lot of speed through the rest of the layout? Why could they not have just pushed it over the top, or was it a case of difficulty?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Hardly any of the train isn't over the peak yet, and rather than push the (very heavy) fully loaded train over the top and risk it train stopping somewhere else along the course, they would just unload the guests there and give them more time to decide whether to push it over or just crane the train off from there.

I'm sure they pushed it over in the end, but that would likely require chainfalls or a crane to accomplish.

Time to grease the rails, I'd say though.
:wink:

Snoo

The Legend
Hixee said:

Wisconsin.. it happens.

Well.. that is interesting. I was always curious as to what it would look like if a woodie stalled.. especially after the dozen or so woodies I bitch slapped last weekend.

And.. there you go.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Hixee said:

But at least he wasn't so cretinous that he puts an apostrophe in "sounds". However, I do happen to entirely agree with you, and applaud your use of the word "cretin".

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well it's a good thing newer coasters like this still have dogs to catch the train on hills. A pull through of a whole coaster train is not fun.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I figured this was going to happen eventually. The ride really crawled over that hill even when I went on it back in 2007. They didn't do the best job at designing this part of the ride. That hill should've been probably 10 or feet lower. Also, that hill that goes through the lift supports should've been 10 feet lower. That would've had some nice airtime if it was.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Stone Cold said:
Hixee said:

But at least he wasn't so cretinous that he puts an apostrophe in "sounds". However, I do happen to entirely agree with you, and applaud your use of the word "cretin".
I was in shock. :shock:

A

Anonymous

how did it not rollback barely any of the train was over the peak, lol did you see the guy at the front he had he's arms up and a smile then an angry face and hes arms by hes side, lool.

STC

Mega Poster
theme park fan said:
how did it not rollback barely any of the train was over the peak
I wondered that two when I first watched it. Then I realised that it must have anti-roll back track that you'd usually find on lift-hills. These hold the train in place in precisely this situtation, you can find a better explanation here. :)

On this POV of the ride you can see the anti-roll backs at 43 seconds in.

It looks surprisingly like quite a bad design flaw from the Gravity Group. Even if it was gauranteed to never roll-back, why would they make that hill so high anyway? It doesn't look like it gives anything near airtime at all, unless it is to be a psychological rest to break up the two rather manic tunnel parts... :?

Jake

Strata Poster
I love how the guy in the front keeps his arms up for ages after it stops, then realises that he looks like an idiot and puts them down, haha!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
theme park fan said:
how did it not rollback barely any of the train was over the peak, lol did you see the guy at the front he had he's arms up and a smile then an angry face and hes arms by hes side, lool.

I LOVE it when nobody reads my posts...

;)