What's new

Habtoorland - What happened?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
http://rcdb.com/5536.htm

I've never heard of this place before, it seems to have been opened in 2009 and closed in 2011. There was a Maurer Söhne spinner, a Vekoma boomerang and a unknown family coaster.

Has anyone been or know what happened to this park/coasters?

kimahri

CF Legend
It's in Lebanon, from what my masterful (wikipedia) research (skim reading) absorbed, I found out there it's in a political collapse and not doing to well. With the country being incredibly unstable there's may possibilities for it closing from bankrupcy to the site being hit with explosives.

I'm not too clued up on activity in Lebanon, like.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Is this the park that had the really cool-looking spinner that kind of went off the edge of a cliff?

If so, the spinner was up for sale fairly recently. I'm sure we had a topic on it somewhere because it seemed like such a random coaster to try and sell since it was designed so specifically for the location.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
No idea, but Lebanon has been dealing with internal and political strife for years now, so that is indeed not very conductive to amusement park business. Also in 2011, when the park closed, the government collapsed so yeah, I'd agree lack of business and/or it got bombed was probably to blame.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Yeah, Gavin. There are a picture of it on the rcdb page. It's such a great location for a park, and the rollercoaster look mental hanging over the cliff like that.