Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• Dunno yet!

• Total voters
So, simple question.. Are you guys going to be getting the H1N1 shot this year? And if it's not available in your area, WOULD you get it if it were? Just curious because the shot is so damn controversial and everyone is freaking out here whether or not they are going to get it or get it for their kids and stuff.

Personally, I've already made my mind up long ago that I'm not getting it. I don't like taking medicine and stuff unless it's really necessary, so I really don't see the point of putting this crap shot into my body when its been on the market for like, two months.

So, are you going to get it?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
No.

Firstly, vaccinations I cannot have as I have ADD. They recommend that I do not have them, and such, I have never had one.

Secondly, they have mercury in them which poisons the system and causes severe effects, so no.

Thirdly, it's only a very mild illness, more people die from normal Flu each year. So what's the point?!

I've made my point clear :p

Ollie

CF Legend
No. I don't give a **** about it. The chances of getting it are quite slim and even if you do get it all that will happen is your ill for a few days then you get better. There's much worse diseases out there to be worried off.

Ben

CF Legend
No.

I actually wouldn't mind having the SWINE. It wouldn't kill me, and it's a talking point, innit?

kimahri

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
Thirdly, it's only a very mild illness, more people die from normal Flu each year. So what's the point?!

Tell that to the spanish of 1918.

Anyway. Probably not. Unlike the spanish of 1918, we live in 2009 (soon 2010). I think Medical Science better now.

RCF

Strata Poster
Ben said:
No.

I actually wouldn't mind having the SWINE. It wouldn't kill me, and it's a talking point, innit?

This. Swine is just over hyped, it only lasts like, 3-5 days to a week at the most.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
No. Because I've had swine flu so I found out, then of which I passed onto my dad.

I was rather dissapointed with it tbh. I thought I had normal flu untill I found out my dads was for sure the Swine stuff. I barely got any effects other than extreme coughing on top of the general flu stuff. Oh well, I have yet to tell my class mates that they had it (thats where I caught mine from, they were all fluie before me and I had a massive hug from a fluie girl the day before I went downhill).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope. My immune system has served me pretty well up to now.

I'm not saying I won't have vaccinations, we had to have loads before Peru, but I'm not getting vaccinated against a cold.

Man-up I say.

Slash

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
No.

Firstly, vaccinations I cannot have as I have ADD. They recommend that I do not have them, and such, I have never had one.

How come? I have ADHD an i regularly have vaccines ( not because I'm ill but because I went on holidays to place with bad diseases still rife)

Secondly, they have mercury in them which poisons the system and causes severe effects, so no.

Ciall it has hardly any mercury, will not affect you.

It isn't mild it's actually quite violent compared to other illnesses. It's just not that deadly. The point is if you are frail it's a good thing to have as you won't get it, and potentialy it coul kill you. So yeah good idea. Plus hospital staff take it so they aren't off work when they're probably most needed.

But no I won't be taking it because I won't need it, if I get it it's not a serious problem.

marc

CF Legend
Wish I had the flu jab that way I might stop getting it every few weeks :(

Am in bed with the flu again.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No.

I do not trust the UK Government when they say they want to mass-immunise everybody. Too Orwellian for me. **** knows what's in it.

I've had flu already so my immune system should (in theory) be stronger than before. I take sensible precautions, such as avoiding people with colds, washing hands frequently and giving people who sneeze and cough in public a dirty look.

marc

CF Legend
God knows how I got it this time, I dont have a cold or a cough just the bloody flu. I was fine 1 min and then was ill was very strange.

Tbh I think I just need to eat better, have fruit and veg which I do not normally bother with.