Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Station surrounded by supports.
glantern4.jpg

That's the storage track/building...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Well that was quick.. Looks like they're putting up the 0g now.

Urm, I'm not quite sure how to break it to you, so:

Elements: 121' 7" tall Loop
103' 10" tall Dive Loop
72' tall Inclined Loop
Corkscrew
Corkscrew

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
loefet said:
^ Uh, what?? It doesn't have one...

Looks good though. Wonder when if/when they will get a DM and a Wing Walker so that they can collect the complete B&M catalogue...

They also need a sit down. :wink:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What happened to that beautiful view of Superman!?

It's finally starting to come together and it's looking pretty good. I noticed that there are still some yellow track pieces laying about. I wonder if they will paint them on the ground or assemble the ride and then paint.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think we had a similar discussion to this earlier. I'm sure they will paint the track on the ground. It seems like it would be more effort to assemble the piece, then have to get workers and equipment up there again to paint it. If they do it on the ground they can just install the piece and be done with it. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
I've never realised before how shallow the drop actually is on this. When watching Pov's of it, it seems to be steeper then it actually is. Still, it is one nice looking B&M, that has to be said.

Snoo

The Legend
Most drops on the stand ups I've been on aren't much steeper than that. Riddlers seems steeper.. but thats just because of the angle it takes at the top.. more of a big sweeping turn.. ect ect.

Mantis is nearly identical.. just with that disgusting trim midway down.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ And Mantis is a mirror image. :wink:

On a side note, the track looks great now, but as with every repaint, can't wait to see that original yellow coat stain through! :razz:

Snoo

The Legend
Mantis isn't exactly a mirror image.. as almost everything past the inclined loop is set up differently. ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
Most drops on the stand ups I've been on aren't much steeper than that. Riddlers seems steeper.. but thats just because of the angle it takes at the top.. more of a big sweeping turn.. ect ect.

Yeah, it seems steep from the ground, but when you're riding, you could actually enjoy a 5 course meal between the top of the lift and the loop...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
oriolat2 said:
When is this due to open?
No announced date yet as far as I know, but generally the parks over here like to open their new rides over Memorial Day weekend at the end of May.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
oriolat2 said:
When is this due to open?
No announced date yet as far as I know, but generally the parks over here like to open their new rides over Memorial Day weekend at the end of May.

Thanks for clearing that, but do you reckon this will be up and tested by the end of May?