What's new

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and Joyland, 15th April

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
As many of you know from reading my holiday topic, I’m currently on holiday in Great Yarmouth. Time for credit hunting :D Sorry for no pictures, I don’t have my camera usb with me, but I have taken some for the GYPB guide (or should I say lack of guide :wink:), though there are not any special ones there. I ditched my family for the day, so just me who went.

So, on with the TR :D GYPB first, and a wristband to save me from paying in excess for whoring Rollercoaster. £16 is a bit too much if you ask me, as there is not much more than 2 hours worth of fun in the 9 acre park.

Nevertheless, in true enthusiast style, I pushed past men, women and children to be the first into the par and first train of the day on Rollercoaster, front row of course. The ride itself is fun, and 2 more followed suit (one front row). Running only one train, a queue had started to build, so I headed off.

I headed to the monorail to get some pictures of Rollercoaster. Fun, and nice to go through Rollercoaster, though bitterly cold up there.

Then I headed for the Waltzers. This was a very old model, though fun and forceful nonetheless. Being on my own meant it didn’t spin much, though I got some help from the ride op who spun me mid ride :D

I then headed to the other credit of the park: Big Apple Coaster. Making a complete fool of myself being the biggest person on the ride, I went straight for back row, to get epic airtime on the trimmed drop :p Probably the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, especially as a group of buff girls walked past. Nevertheless, 3 circuits later, I was pleased that I had rode and gained the credit.

Then it gets hazy. I think I went over to ‘Evolution’, to see that it was down, as with Sky Drop, so headed over to the ‘Twister’ ride to experience a painful 5 minute setting.

In pain, I went over to the Dodgems and had much fun, going on twice. Then I took a ride on the Haunted Hotel, which had a variety of naked, half skeleton women. T’was funny, but not even near scary.

The rest I can’t remember what order, but Sky-drop and Evolution opened later, so here is my ride count for GYPB:

Rollercoaster x8 (3 front row)
Dodgems x4
Big Apple Coaster x1
Disko x1
Sky-drop x1
Evolution x1
Waltzers x1
Funhouse x1
Log Flume x1
Twister x1
And a few more that I can’t remember...

Mid-way through GYPB, I headed down the sea-front to Joyland. I paid £2 for 2 credits (I’m not counting The Snails, it just isn’t a coaster :p). And my 50th coaster was...Spooky Express! Front-row, and one POV later(as there are none on Youtube as I’m aware. I’ll post when I get my usb), I headed to the very fun Virginia reel, Tyronean Tubtwist. I whacked my elbow at the end of the ride quite badly, resulting in swelling and bad bruising.

Ride count:
Spooky Express x1 (Front Row)
Tyronean Tubtwist x1

I will post my pictures on Facebook and in the updates section of the forum soon, and my POV will be posted here as well :D