What's new

Grand Prix closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
It's been well documented that BPB, or PBR or whatever other silly names they want to call themselves at the moment have closed the Grand Prix, and it seems unlikely it will ever reopen at the moment.

I have heard various suggestions for what could replace it, ranging from a coaster to beat Top Thrill Dragsters height, a family mine train, to a new Ice Arena....! So I got thinking, along equally ridiculous lines, how about a Test Track type ride? It's something we don't have in the UK or Europe, it's family thrill, it's a nod to the Grand Prix, and if it loaded roughly where the GP does, it could uses the spiral area for the show building with all the tests in, and once down to ground level could launch out and follow a similar route to the GP, turning round under the Big One brake run before returning and potentially using the old Monorail area as an unload/shop.

I am well aware that the park cant afford that, and there is more chance of a new Ice Arena replacing the GP, with a new hotel replacing the current one, and a car park exclusively for its residents paying £25 per day replacing the National than any of that happening....I guess I just wanted to put my crazy little idea out there and here your thoughts on it.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.