What's new

Good Park Food

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I'm sure this topic resurfaces every year or so, so here is the latest one. Who doesn't love lists? :lol:

Things to consider:

Best park fast food
Best park sit down meal
Best Park savoury snack
Best Park dessert snack
Best Park drink
Best themed food (might not taste good but looks cool?)
Best non-park food/drink (so like midway/fair etc)
Worst of any of the above??

Or maybe you are a packed lunch fiend?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Everyone's options for best park food are:

1. Dollywood

2. Silver Dollar City

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Hyde said:
Everyone's options for best park food are:

1. Dollywood

2. Silver Dollar City

Haha, and there was me thinking it would be EPCOT!

I haven't been to either of those parks so I can't really pick them myself!

My (rather basic) choices would be:

Best park fast food- Either the BBQ place at Animal Kingdom or the loaded fried I had at BGT.
Best park sit down meal- EPCOT Mexican
Best Park dessert snack-Disney do those mickey sandwich ice creams (or they did).
Best Park drink- Butterbeer was nice but a bit sugary but I can't think of anything else that is unusual.
Best themed food- Tbh probably Butterbeer considering it's a fictional (or was) drink.

Can't think of any more for the others. Obviously nothing else made that much of an impact. Maybe better travelled people will have more.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Dollywood and SDC go without saying. Phenomenal food.

Something surprising that I actually eat is the Grilled Chicken BLT at SFGAm. It's surprisingly good. Plus, pretzel buns. <3

The Hot Diggity Dog at Holiday World is everything America can strive to be in a single food product. Bacon-wrapped hot dog in cheese and BBQ sauce. Eat it now.

The Frozen Butterbeer at IOA was really good. It's literally a Butterscotch slushee, but it was still good.

Worst park food is by far Kentucky Kingdom. I'm still trying to wrap my head wound the fact that they burnt frozen food. Like, how do you do that? Frozen, pre-made food. How?

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Knoebels has a good variety of great, well-made snacks, many of which are uncommon at amusement parks (pierogies) or in general (Fried Alligator!) The Caesar Pizza I thought was good as well but a bit overrated by other enthusiasts.

Restaurant Marrakesh (Epcot, Moroccan), Yak & Yeti (Animal Kingdom, Asian), and Sala Santa Isabel (Europa Park, Multicultural) are the best sit down dining at theme parks from my experience.

For casual meals I would have to recommend the grill/barbecue at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in the French Canada area.

Edit: Forgot Dole Whip, don't miss out on it while you're at the Magic Kingdom!

As for worst? Conneaut Lake Park's hamburger was the only thing I've ever eaten at an amusement park that's actually made me sick.

nealbie

CF Legend
Walibi Holland has a ridiculously good Italian made-to-order restaurant, randomly in the corner of the park.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
The food at Hansa Park is the best I've ever had. I went to their lovely little sit down Italian restaurant, the food was fresh and delicious - it wasn't your usual stodgy Pizza Pasta Buffet crap that's for sure! But it was also really reasonably priced, yay. Plus they had a good veggie selection, something most parks lack.

Honourable mention to the amazing buffets at Djurs Sommarland <3

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oooh good topic! Here's mine:

Best park fast food - Honestly, I think Amity Kebabs are delicious and a nice change-up from the usual burger/hotdog offering
Best park sit down meal - Blue Lagoon at Disneyland Paris
Best Park savoury snack - The tiger tail thing at Tokyo DisneySea
Best Park dessert snack - Python Ices (RIP) or Nitrogenie
Best Park drink - I'm usually a fountain drink fan, but I had a villain cocktail thing at DisneySea that was fab.
Best themed food (might not taste good but looks cool?) - Green alien mochi!
Worst of any of the above?? - Shout out to Flamingoland for chips literally dripping in grease and Oakwood for their now infamous yin yang garlic bread

Ben

CF Legend
Silver Dollar City's food is amazing, and the cinnamon bread at Dollywood oh my **** God.

The worst food goes to the gross aniseed soup thing at Knight Valley.

And best snack is Nitrogenie <3

I don't really have much more than a snack or a quick burger usually at parks tbf.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Really don't think I've eaten anything good at a theme park, it's always just hot dogs or bugers. A special mention has to go to Flamingo Land and their sticky floored restaurant of doom though, that place was awful.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Some of my faves:

Busch gardens williamsburg - the itaian sampler was lovely, and the Best cheesecake I've ever tasted!
Hersheyparks Barbecue beef sandwiches - yumyumyum
The ribs at cedar point were pretty good
the grill place at towers.
Efteling pancakes

worst by a long shot was the wimpy at Camelot!!

Ben

CF Legend
APPLE FRIES.

I've just remembered Apple Fries are a thing.

I think I had them at Dollywood maybe last year and then somewhere in 2008 too.

**** amazing ****.

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
Depressing to think the best park food I remember having is the Pizza Hut buffet at Thorpe. Even the Subway I had en-route to Adventure Island is better than 95% of the park food I've had.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Good god those buffalo chicken kettle chips at Silver Dollar City! Easily my favorite park food ever!

Dollywood (sausage and cinnamon bread), Hershey (sausage on buffet at event), Knoebels (hot dog and birch beer), and Holiday World (hot dog wrapped in bacon covered in cheese) are also up there.

Worst is easily, by far, Six Flags Tragic Mountain. **** shook me down $15 for a slice of school cafeteria pizza and Holiday World-sized cup of Sprite.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hershey's Pit Beef Sandwiches are pretty amazing, both times I've been I had the same, so no idea of their other offerings.
Back on Bjorn This Way we ate at Kryddhyllan which was fab, I think I had some tacos.

Best sit down goes to Hercegovina at Tivoli Gardens, a Croatian/Eastern European BBQ buffet, simply outstanding. Unfortunately it has now permanently closed as Tivoli are redeveloping the building. Apparently "Hercegovina will re-emerge again with an exciting new concept, so watch this space!"

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Djurs buffet. Nothing else will ever come close. Whole salmon, huge platters of salad, open fire, wooden beamed dining hall. So, so fab.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Out of the parks I've visited, I think Europa Park has some nice eateries but my favourite ever theme park meal was the amazing steak I had at Liseberg. It was in the restaurant near the ghost hotel walk through and it was fantastic :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The Noodle Bar at Blackpool.

Okay, it took an hour from joining the queue and actually getting the food, but it was so worth it. Usually, there's no way that your expectations can live up to reality after such a long, arduous and befamined wait.

What can I say though. Well worth the wait and £10 it cost for some sweet and sour noodles, a small soft drink and some prawn crackers.

You'd think that some precooked chicken, reheated with tinned veg and day old noodles would be awful (or at least, mediocre), but NO! Not even due to light headedness caused by lack of food and non-ambulation waiting could have caused the delights my taste buds experienced. Every single slippery slurp of noodly goodness was like an explosion of heaven across my palate. Truly the pasta of the Gods!

I'm shocked nobody else from the CF-Live over the weekend has mentioned them!