What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Dave

CF Legend
Just got back Cornwall as i saw Muse at the Eden Project last night. I must say they are ****ing brilliant the best band i will ever see live, don't think anyone could topple them!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Well I'd originally abandoned my Reading weekend due to family stuff, but it now looks like I can make Sunday \:D/

So Hope of the States, Taking Back Sunday, Bullet for my Valentine, My Chemical Romance, Placebo and Pearl Jam here I come :rockout2:

Anyone know what The Research or Broken Social Scene are like?

Harvey

Hyper Poster
You ****ing know's it Leeds festival!

Friday only, decided weekend was a bit **** and I'm quite busy anyway - but:

Pearljam, placebo, slayer, less than jake, killswitch engage and GLC - what abunch of ace bands.

But what MCR and the Artic Monkeys are doing that far up the bill I will never know.

Bag of ****.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Man, Pealjam blew the ****ing roof of the Leeds festival last night, with an absoloutly bad ass two hour set, I stayed near the speaker cluster on the right hand side (about half way back from stage) all night and just danced like a mofo with my mates. I've never seen a band play like that before, the crowd went mad and most people round us were just dancing all night.

The cover of Keep on rocking in the free world (Neil Young, I think) was probably the best closing song to a set EVER, man those guys ****ing rule, I wish they'd come to the UK more often.

What a show!

Rach

Giga Poster
I have only ever been to one. It was a Girls Aloud concert when they were touring the UK. I saw them at the NIA arena in Birmingham it was a great one with loads of cool effects that they did. It was back in May this year and is one i will never forget. I have got the ticket and the stuff i got from there. It was so amazing.

stanford911

Mega Poster
Ive been to see a few band live over about 3 years.
-Everytime I Die- Exeter
-Chimaira- Exeter
-Electric Light Orchestra Pt2- PrincessTheatre, Torquay.

Im hoping to see Motorhead in November this year. If not, then ill probably see BFMV. Ive been offered a ticket.

Dave

CF Legend
I'm seeing Supergrass at the Wedgewood Rooms on tuesday night. Shall be good :D

Also im waiting for the band Deathstars to announce their tour

Kraken

Roller Poster
So far Iron Maiden is the only gig coming up that I have tickets for, just have to find a way to get to Earls Court. I really want to go to the Unholy Alliance Chapter II tour in November though, but I don't have any way of getting to any of the dates.

Dragonforce is another one I really want to go to, I might try and get to Nottingham Rock City in early December, but it isn't looking promising.

Oh, and I have tickets to see Hayseed Dixie in Gloucester on November 10th... Bring on the hilbilly tribute bands!

Lain

Giga Poster
Kraken said:
Dragonforce is another one I really want to go to, I might try and get to Nottingham Rock City in early December, but it isn't looking promising.

I wouldn't go out of my way to see Dragonforce, they're shocking live.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Harvey said:
Man, Pealjam blew the **** roof of the Leeds festival last night
They did exactly the same at Reading last night. I'm biased, been a fan forever, but by **** they were good!!
I wish they'd come to the UK more often.
Too right. They apologised last night for not coming over often enough. I've often wondered how much love for PJ there is out there, based on last night's crowd reaction, there's plenty :D

As for the rest, I was really enjoying Placebo until their guitars broke for 15 mins which wrecked the set, MCR were very slick (and the new stuff sounded fantastic), Taking Back Sunday were alright (older than I expected), I enjoyed Hope of the States, and GLC totally owned the NME stage.

I have to say though the technical quality of the music was v dodgy, whoever sets up the Reading sound needs sacking, they only got it right for PJ.

And those toilets :pukeleft:

Will

Strata Poster
^
I wasn't actually that impressed by what I heard of MCR's new stuff... that was the bit of the concert when I got bored, and ended up with random girls attempting to teach me to dance :) Then again, mostly I only get involved if I know the words, and the songs have as much meaning as much MCR did at various points this year. I also thought they looked like idiots... whoever told Gerard to go blonde wants shooting and so forth. Still, I think a lot of people, Kaz included, enjoyed the intimate Hammersmith gig, but it was probably wasted on me, as it was a bit hot, and I prefer having a seat to the free for all.

Still coming up... Maiden on December 14th, which should be musical highlight of the year :D
And considering lots of southern gigs this autumn as well, with my new home being where it is - DragonForce may well be a must :)

A

Anonymous

Last gig, of sorts, I went to was the Oxegen Festival a few weeks back. Was pretty fantastic and certainly better than Download 2004 and V Festival 2005 I've also been to in the last few years.
The only problem is getting there so thats probably off the list for next year.

Coming up I've got Paul Weller end of October, which will be my 9th time of seeing "the Modfather". He's simply fantastic live.

A

Anonymous

Rammstein was probably my best gig it was amazing, closely followed by Ladytron I think.
I'm Looking forward to going to see Lacuna Coil in October though that should be amazing.

Emma
xXx

Dave

CF Legend
Kool, sounds good Dwarfer, i remember you back in the old forums :D

Where you seeing Lacuna Coil?

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
Brap, fantastic topic Rob. Shame that you got round to making one before me! Grrrrr. :D

I just wondered which upcoming gigs everyone is going to be seeing in the next few months? Im trying to plan a few, Sikth, Bullet for my Valentine, couldnt get to the Lost Prophets tickets quick enough though.

But I want others to inspire me! Which ones are you lot going to?

Slayed

Hyper Poster
You're not going to like me then, I have Lostprophets tickets for next month :D

And Muse, which will make my brain melt with joy.