What's new

Giant Frisbees

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Zamperla's Giant Discovery is the tallest. I've ridden the two tallest ones at Kennywood and TusenFryd and think they're better than the HUSS big boys at Cedar Point and Kings Island.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I will actually differ from Jerry on this one - the Giant Discovery at Kennywood was a great ride, but I do still prefer the Huss Giant Frisbees. I think it actually boils down to the seating - Zamperla's seating is made of a cheaper-feeling plastic that has riders sitting more upright. Rather, I prefer to the reclined seating and restraints of Huss.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^The seats on a Giant Discovery don't affect the ride for me, so much so that I never thought about them until reading your post. So for me it's all about the airtime, height and swing. maXair has been my favorite from my first ride right up until I rode SpinSpider this summer. I rode Black Widow when I was at Kennywood with Ian and Darren the month before going to Norway and thought it was really good, but my ride with Andrée and Katia at TusenFryd was the best I've ever had on a giant frisbee.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I think spinspider may be Norwegian for orgasm....

Seriously good ride - lovely floaty moments on each swing, and not at all sickly!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Another very cool aspect of Black Widow is the frisbee, like the entire park of Kennywood, sits high atop a hill, that really gives you a sense of height.

I also do remember a weird rattling for the Black Widow, though that could have been a weird blunder for operation the day I visited.